The Ultimate Cheap Oil Haul?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a busy day. I ended up purchasing ~98% of Target's various clearance quarts of Mobil oil from ALL of the OKC metro stores. Grand total was 153 quarts of oil. When all is said and done, they averaged out to 76.5 cents per quart
cool.gif
banana2.gif
cool.gif
. I'm quite happy with my loot, and got countless laughs from the faces the Target employees made. Pics below.

But it got me wondering, has anyone made a larger haul than this? Anyone can say they did, but can anyone prove they scored more total quarts at a cheaper price per quart? I'm sure it's been done, as many have been paid to take oil (myself included), but thought this could turn into an ego/competition thread. Who had the best score? And perhaps we need a 'who has the largest stash?' thread as well. I'll have to check tomorrow, but I know that puts my count >275 quarts
crazy2.gif
. I never thought I'd have a stash. Now look at me
crackmeup2.gif

image000000.jpg

image000002.jpg

When the Shell rotella 2.5 gallon jugs were on sale for $15 per jug from AutoZone plus the rebate from shell I bought around 40 gallons of it. I bought all they had from multiple stores in multiple states. I think it came out around .25c per quart.

Awesome! It looks like you have a lot of the good stuff (Mobil 1). Nice score that oil should last you a long time. I have about 10 five gallon jugs and about a dozen mix and match quarts for a slight Frankenbrew.

If one sells a quart to oneself over and over for 1 cent each time, one may have purchased 10,000 quarts in a short period of time for only $0.01 per unit.

I declare myself the winner by far.

You lose.

If you're really getting oil for less than $1 a quart, just imagine how low the actual break even point is. For other products too.

Crazy! Lifetime's amount of oil changes it would seem. But at a good price. Not bad.

At one point I had 40 gallons of Delo 30 weight at .99 a gallon.
I've got a stash of Peak 15w40 scored for 1.35 a gallon.
But really gents, Compressions 9:2 says "thou shalt not cover thy neighbors stash"
Since the OP is in Oklahoma, and I'm in Illinois (yeah I know, sorry for me) I'm coveting his stash pretty good... Nice job OP.
Filters are on sale at NAPA....

Last edited:
The lure of buying 76.5 a qt oil is off set by the trouble of maintaining it. My oil stash is 2miles down the road at Auto Zone. I only use 10-12 qts a yr for everything!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by BossMoss
If one sells a quart to oneself over and over for 1 cent each time, one may have purchased 10,000 quarts in a short period of time for only $0.01 per unit.

I declare myself the winner by far.

You lose.

If you're really getting oil for less than $1 a quart, just imagine how low the actual break even point is. For other products too.

I'm betting they sold at a loss .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back