The Top 25 Overrated Singers Of All Time

According to New Arena these are the 25 most Overrated Singers of all time >>>>>>>>>>

New Arena

25 ) Katy Perry
24 ) Ozzy Osbpurne
23 ) Camila Cabello
22 ) Axl Rose
21 ) Dave Mathews
20 ) Lou Reed
19 ) Liam Gallagher (Oasis)
18 ) Britney Spears
17 ) Adam Levine ( Maroon 5 )
16 ) Rihanna
15 ) Avril Lavigne
14 ) Bono (U2)
13 ) Selena Gomez
12 ) Sid Vicious
11 ) Janet Jackson
10 ) Kurt Kobain
9 ) Miley Cyrus
8 ) Chris Martin ( Coldplay )
7 ) Bob Dylan
6 ) Taylor Swift
5 ) Ed Sheeran
4 ) Madonna
3 ) Justin Bieber
2 ) Jennifer Lopez
1 ) Jim Morrison

I think the list is erroneous at best.

Over a dozen of the singers on the list none of us have never ever heard them sing. We have heard their voice manipulated through Auto-tune.

There is no way one can produce a list like this and have pre auto-tune singers and post auto-tune singers in the same list.

According to New Arena these are the 25 most Overrated Singers of all time >>>>>>>>>>

New Arena

25 ) Katy Perry
24 ) Ozzy Osbpurne
23 ) Camila Cabello
22 ) Axl Rose
21 ) Dave Mathews
20 ) Lou Reed
19 ) Liam Gallagher (Oasis)
18 ) Britney Spears
17 ) Adam Levine ( Maroon 5 )
16 ) Rihanna
15 ) Avril Lavigne
14 ) Bono (U2)
13 ) Selena Gomez
12 ) Sid Vicious
11 ) Janet Jackson
10 ) Kurt Kobain
9 ) Miley Cyrus
8 ) Chris Martin ( Coldplay )
7 ) Bob Dylan
6 ) Taylor Swift
5 ) Ed Sheeran
4 ) Madonna
3 ) Justin Bieber
2 ) Jennifer Lopez
1 ) Jim Morrison
And yet most were/are multi-millionaires.

First time I heard a Madonna song on radio I actually thought it was a comedy parody of intentional "bad singing." Kinda like the old
Saturday Nite Live tv show skits from the 70s. Bill Murray as the baaaad sleazy hotel lounge singer etc... Well she never went away and
I hear she is a gadzillionaire. So much for my music / singer rating skills.

1) Janis Joplin
2) Yoko Ono
3) Bob Dylan
4) Rod Stewart
5) Axl Rose
Gman, you list is good, but maybe a * should be next to Rod Stewart.

During an interview, Rod Stewart was asked about his voice. He was very direct when he said "what voice".... Rod Stewart's lack of voice is what makes it work for him, very unlike others on your list.

Ozzy Osbourne overrated? I don't know the criteria of what makes a good/bad singer but the Ozzman definitely has a unique singing voice. Nobody quite like him that I can think of.

Janis Joplin and Willy Nelson are two that come to my mind for being overrated. Chris Cornell is probably my all time favorite singer.

Gman, you list is good, but maybe a * should be next to Rod Stewart.

During an interview, Rod Stewart was asked about his voice. He was very direct when he said "what voice".... Rod Stewart's lack of voice is what makes it work for him, very unlike others on your list.
That's kind of why Dylan gets a pass from most people I think. He's just doing his own thing.

ozzy is clearly technically the weakest singer sabbath ever had, but he has a distinctive voice and was there when iommi pioneered the riffs that made metal music. but dio and tony martin eat him alive technically, especially tony martin.

Ozzy Osbourne overrated? I don't know the criteria of what makes a good/bad singer but the Ozzman definitely has a unique singing voice. Nobody quite like him that I can think of.

Janis Joplin and Willy Nelson are two that come to my mind for being overrated. Chris Cornell is probably my all time favorite singer.
Definitely concur with Willie Nelson being overrated. The key to Willie's future success was the song he wrote for Patsy Cline (Crazy). I suspect Willie despises a majority of his fans. Can't believe he gets royalties every month to have a satellite radio channel named after him. But like they say, 18 people control 99 percent of the music played in the USA. Six people in New York City, six people in Nashville, and six people in Los Angelos.

Reactions: wlk
Definitely concur with Willie Nelson being overrated. The key to Willie's future success was the song he wrote for Patsy Cline (Crazy). I suspect Willie despises a majority of his fans. Can't believe he gets royalties every month to have a satellite radio channel named after him. But like they say, 18 people control 99 percent of the music played in the USA. Six people in New York City, six people in Nashville, and six people in Los Angelos.
Not to mention he rode the coat tails of a man named Waylon Jennings.

Last edited:
Back