The significance of 0.08V and 5.1V displayed on a 12V power outlet?

I bought a 12V dual power outlet. It has a Voltage display. The voltage shows 12.5-14.7 V during operation but also shows 0.08 and 5.1. These look like breakthrough voltages to me but I'm unsure of the purpose of displaying these values. The instructions do not elucidate. Any ideas?

Would the .08 and 5.1 be a power supply to run a computer type device?

Multiple lines, reading at the same time?

5.1V is the usb voltage. But 0.08 implies something is dead or shut off.

Are you sure the 0.08 figure is voltage (V) and not current (A)? Some adapters will show how much current is being pushed - you should see that number go up when you actually connect a device to one of those ports.

Are you sure the 0.08 figure is voltage (V) and not current (A)? Some adapters will show how much current is being pushed - you should see that number go up when you actually connect a device to one of those ports.
*smack my head* That would explain the near-zero reading.

It could be current. One USB is rated 1A, the other one 2.1A. I'll plug my.phone in.

Two switched 12V cigarette lighter type outlets
two USB charge port, one 1A, one 2.1A

The display switches between 12.x V and 0.08 and 5.1 with nothing plugged into either USB charge port. I won't get around to plugging anything in until tonight.

With the phone plugged into either USB, 0.08 changes to 1.48. I suppose 0.08 is the idle current draw and the ports provide 1.48A. 5.1 is the voltage on the charging ports.

No manual with the device? Agree it sounds like voltage and current readings.

Back