The short warranty on NGK spark plugs is NOT just Rock Auto! Applies to parts stores too

There has been some controversy on here regarding the shorter warranty period on NGK spark plugs as of late.

Now, NGK only gives you a 60-day warranty. People on here seem to think it only applies to Rock Auto, but that is not the case. The warranty was shortened effective May 1, 2020.

I looked at both Napa and Advance Auto Parts, and both stores also have only a 60-day warranty. When you look up any NGK spark plug on AAP's site, it will say 60 days

I don't know, but people on here were upset and blaming Rock Auto and saying they're sketchy because the warranty is only 60 days now, when it's only 60 days no matter where you buy them, and not Rock Auto's fault at all :unsure:

Good info; the standard S.P. buying procedure for some BITOG'rs is buy them from some sketchy source off the internet and then spend 4 hours researching whether they are fake after installing them. I'm all for saving money, but for peace of mind, just use a reputable distributor IMHO.
Yep-and can I put WD-40 on my wipers to make them last longer........

warranty on a plug is like warranty on a carton of eggs. I drop one every year or so. They're ceramic. And easily procured. (the plug> 'ceramic' not the egg)
Denso & NGK are probably tired of people returning eight year old plugs for warranty considerations. : l

The cost of a faulty spark plug is hardly in the plug itself, it's in the time spent to diagnose and replace it. No warranty is going to cover that so it's important to get a reputable brand from the start.

I would have to imagine the rate of defective spark plugs is infinitesimally small. They've been essentially the same thing for a billion years, not complex and easy to test. Shipping damage is probably the biggest problem.

I missed the controversy on bitog.. not I missed your link to napa.

It basically boils down to Rock Auto not being listed as an authorized NGK reseller, then people accusing Rock Auto of selling fake counterfeits, even though they ship from the same warehouses that supply many of the authorized dealers (mostly independent parts stores)

Back