The SCIENCE behind DIY Detail Rinseless Wash

Everyone knows Yvan. I believe @The Critic met him in person. Nick not so much. Both of them joined and created DIY Detail.

I haven't used their products yet but likely will once I go through what I have. Formulated here in the US. Chemist has been in the industry for 30 years.

Nothing they have is revolutionary. It's a simple product line of high quality from what I've read.

Yeah it's ridiculous.

This is one line I would use though.

It's not snake oil in that it does something related to the purpose, but it's premium priced product supported by mumbo jumbo nonsense when acting like surfactants and emulsifiers are rocket science and that this is some newly discovered way to get something done better.

In other words it's not like a fuel saver magnet that does nothing. It's more like paying a premium for similar fuel because they argue about how fuel works, as if that confuses people enough to not realize that it doesn't make anyone else's gas not work about the same, at a higher benefit:cost ratio.

It's not snake oil in that it does something related to the purpose, but it's premium priced product supported by mumbo jumbo nonsense when acting like surfactants and emulsifiers are rocket science and that this is some newly discovered way to get something done better.
The video was explaining what RW do and what they're often made of. It's not mumbo jumbo nonsense. He wasn't stating it was something revolutionary and when asked specifically what was different about theirs, he explained. Some don't have as many surfactants and some don't drop dirt to the bottom. So there are differences from a chemistry standpoint.

Ever buy dollar store cleaning products? Diluted and weak.

With that said though, yes, this industry if full of snake oil.

Last edited:
There are SOOO many blenders you never heard of.

Nick has so many contacts of places wanting his multiple previous employers money that it’s easy to find a place to make something

Then the 2 team up and make a small fortune. There is quite a bit of money in that business. People have no problem throwing down $$$ for stuff that has good propaganda on it. Then the shills all get it for free and make “reviews” on the detail sights

American way of business. There is more of the pie waiting for those 2

LOL. I finally threw in the towel and use the Jay Leno cheapo stuff from Walmart. It kinda works. With a black vehicle, minimally invasive washing and drying is key.

haha I thought of that too but I don't think so. Could be though.

Who knows? My impression is that there are production facilities that pump this stuff out and attach brand labels on it for whoever is contracted. I doubt Jay Leno makes his own stuff as well as many other names. Jay is capitalizing on his name power and his background in car collecting and that’s not a bad thing.

B&B Blending does a lot of private label stuff.

3D, Optimum, Meguiar's, Feynlab, Duraslic, Griot's and System X all have their own chemists and product in-house. The rest rely on 3rd party blenders, which make up the majority of products you see out there.

There's also a ton of cheap Chinese coatings on the market. Lot of stuff comes from South Korea, Japan, China and German (products and chemicals).

LOL. I finally threw in the towel and use the Jay Leno cheapo stuff from Walmart. It kinda works. With a black vehicle, minimally invasive washing and drying is key.
As someone that's been obsessed with detailing products the last few years, I'd say stick with what you're doing lol. Or like MP said find a product you like and stick with it. In reality it means very little.

"We started by hiring a chemist ( he’s been in the industry 30 years as a contract chemist for many companies). Once our formulas decided upon we searched out chemical companies that had the competencies to make the formula in question. Yvan has been on the manufacturing side of the industry for over 30 years, so he has many contacts. Even the biggest companies in the industry do not mix all the products they sell, using specialty companies to make different formulas."

B&B Blending does a lot of private label stuff.

3D, Optimum, Meguiar's, Feynlab, Duraslic, Griot's and System X all have their own chemists and product in-house. The rest rely on 3rd party blenders, which make up the majority of products you see out there.

There's also a ton of cheap Chinese coatings on the market. Lot of stuff comes from South Korea, Japan, China and German (products and chemicals).

Would you include Gyeon in that mix?

Would you include Gyeon in that mix?
Gyeon also does their blending in-house. Gyeon products are very good. Same with Carpro.

"We are proud to manufacture our products in our own, modern facility in the heart of South Korea. We formulate and mix all of our products in house. With extensive raw material and packaging reserves, we are prepared to meet rapidly increasing demand."

I'll stick with Meguiars, proven. ;)
1669940938968.jpg

Back