The Sale of ARCOgas gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

Last year the news was that BP was going to sell off ARCO gas to Tesoro but so far from the signs it still indicates nothing has happened. The ARCO sign still has the BP logo on them. Did the deal fall through?

Durango

I think they just sold some of the gas stations to that company as Arco is still part of BP, Gas stations around here have been converted to USA Gasoline. I also believe Bp shut down a refinery here in southern california and tesoro took over.

Originally Posted By: UberxG
Gas stations around here have been converted to USA Gasoline.

In Central CA we have both ARCO and USA but in a 15 to 1 ratio.

Originally Posted By: UberxG
I think they just sold some of the gas stations to that company as Arco is still part of BP, Gas stations around here have been converted to USA Gasoline. I also believe Bp shut down a refinery here in southern california and tesoro took over.

UberxG,

That's what I heard last year from the articles I read. OK...so if the refinery was closed and turned over to Tesoro then who and where does ARCO gas come from??? Which refinery?

My local station has been advertising for a good while there gas cleans valves and such just like all the others.

Durango

I have not seen an Arco station around here for almost 35 years now.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Durango
Hi guys/gals,

OK so is BP still making/producing ARCO gas? Which refinery does ARCO gas come from?

Durango

I don't think it matters too much where they buy their "blank" gasoline as the additives that give it the cleaning power are added after the fact. Heck, they probably get the gas from Tesoro now.

We have ConocoPhillips, BP, Tesoro, and Shell refineries here. The next closest are 700 miles away. There are as may Chevron stations here as any other brand, and a few Valero as well as all the store brands. The refiners and marketers buy, sell, and swap product. They may put their own additive package in the fuel.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: Durango
Hi guys/gals,

OK so is BP still making/producing ARCO gas? Which refinery does ARCO gas come from?

Durango

I don't think it matters too much where they buy their "blank" gasoline as the additives that give it the cleaning power are added after the fact. Heck, they probably get the gas from Tesoro now.

NMBurb02,

Thanks for answering my question. Your guess is as good as mine that ARCO gas is really produced by Tesoro. If that's the case then when will the ARCO brand have the Tesoro logo be beide the ARCO name?

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back