The Rifleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else like The Rifleman classic tv western? I'm not the biggest westerns fan although I do like Gunsmoke and some of Bonanza. I like to watch a lot of classic TV shows. The Rifleman episode were 30 mins, so fast paced and Chuck Connors played the part well. The kid was OK too. We share the sme first name, Mark lol. I even liked the show when I was a kid too.

If you get RTV they are airing The Rifleman and a lot of other good classics. RTV is digitally broadcasted in my area and is also on cable.

Did you get MeTV? They just dumped "Hogan's Heroes" for the Rifleman. But Rockford Files is on before now!
01.gif

Yep I like all those old time TV shows. In fact a great deal of them I have on DVD and enjoy watching them when I want to relax. Best TV was in the 50's and 60's!

Originally Posted By: andyd
I'm sorry , the Rifleman was lousy compared to Gunsmoke or Maverick. Just sayin is all

I don't compare them. They're pretty different shows for being westerns. Rifleman was a fast paced 30 min show with simple plots and Gunsmoke..quite different. Not everyone is going to like every show. I never watched Maverick much.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Did you get MeTV? They just dumped "Hogan's Heroes" for the Rifleman. But Rockford Files is on before now!
01.gif

Yeah the local broadcast RTV recently changed to MeTV. RTV had dropped all their show and replaced them with the lamest shows you could imagine for a couple weeks and became MeTV with a lot of good programs. Maybe it was in a couple week transition period. MeTV also has the **** Van Dyke show. I like that one too.

Liked the Rifleman, Gunsmoke and Have Gun Will Travel a lot. Probably Gunsmoke the best though. Wish we had more good westerns to watch.

I like watching re-runs of Steve McQueen in Wanted Dead or Alive. He has the coolest gun too..The Mares Leg!

When I was a kid, they used to play Westerns after 10am on KXTX 39.

39 is now Telemundo

I used to watch The Rifleman, and Have Gun, Will Travel with my Grandmother. I would go outside for awhile when Big Valley came on and come back in for Kung Fu.

Mike Judge referenced Kung Fu on Channel 39 in Office Space.

Kung Fu was the best Western on Sundays. My grandmother disagreed, she preferred Gunsmoke or "Marshall Dillon" as she called it.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
When I was a kid, they used to play Westerns after 10am on KXTX 39.

39 is now Telemundo

I used to watch The Rifleman, and Have Gun, Will Travel with my Grandmother. I would go outside for awhile when Big Valley came on and come back in for Kung Fu.

Mike Judge referenced Kung Fu on Channel 39 in Office Space.

Kung Fu was the best Western on Sundays. My grandmother disagreed, she preferred Gunsmoke or "Marshall Dillon" as she called it.

The good old Channel 39! I LOVED that channel as a kid!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back