The Rifleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I used to watch The Rifleman, and Have Gun, Will Travel with my Grandmother.

For me it was with my grandfather - but either way, watching those old westerns as a kid with a grandparent was great times. Family time doesn't seem the same these days.

I don't remember watching The Big Valley when it was on network prime time, but when it went to reruns in the afternoon it became one of my favorites. I thought Audra (Linda Evans) was beautiful and Nick (Peter Breck) was a mans man.

I never liked Rifleman too much. Anybody that's ever shot a gun knows it would be ridiculous shooting one like he did, and hitting the target. Rawhide and Gunsmoke rocked.

I always liked The Rifleman. It was filmed at the old Spahn Ranch, I think, and in studios nearby.

The last three days I was up at Tonopah, Death Valley, Lone Pine and Mono Lake. I got up to Bridgeport, too. Tioga Pass got over two feet of snow Tuesday night so my planned trip over the hill to Yosemite was aborted. I visited Goldfield Nevada, where Teddy Roosevelt once addressed 20,000 people---it is now a ghost town.

There are a lot of Germans visiting the Eastern Sierra; some visit Mono Lake because they are fans of Clint Eastwood's High Plains Drifter which was filmed there.

Originally Posted By: MrOctober44

Mikka, Something like that!!

Lucas McCain. What was the name of the sheriff??
[/quote]

Micah Torrance

Lucas would always get that 44-40 in motion and let the bad guys have it. But the show was anachronistic. It showed him using a Model 92 which actually came out after the Old West had faded away into the transition years to the 20th Century.

Originally Posted By: FloatingBrick
Quote:
I used to watch The Rifleman, and Have Gun, Will Travel with my Grandmother.

For me it was with my grandfather - but either way, watching those old westerns as a kid with a grandparent was great times. Family time doesn't seem the same these days....

I don't think kids today can watch anything in black and white...with or without a grandparent. It took several attempts to get my kid to appreciate The Three Stooges.

Too bad. I really liked Combat!, The Rat Patrol, etc... in addition to the Westerns

Ahhhhhhhhh...

A time where there was:

- No cell phones

- No internet

- No Excel

- No PowerPoint

...and we lived just fine.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
There are a lot of Germans visiting the Eastern Sierra; some visit Mono Lake because they are fans of Clint Eastwood's High Plains Drifter which was filmed there.

Huh? Is that like the French loving Jerry Lewis films?

Originally Posted By: Cogito
Originally Posted By: Cristobal

Huh? Is that like the French loving Jerry Lewis films?

I guess so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back