The real deal

Absolutely can't wait till he hits cup the kid can wheel a car.
FB_IMG_1635025903894.jpg

He is 5'7", 114 pounds. His reaction time is faster being short vs if he was taller. Does it matter? Every millisecond matters in racing.

I clicked on this expecting to see something about Don O'Neal. He's the one I think of when I hear the real deal... Don O'Neal.

just my $0.02

Lets see how it works, just because hes good in Xfinity doesn't mean a darn thing when he gets to cup... many a driver has found that out! Even the huge financial backing from daddy Gibbs can't make you a star.

Lets see how it works, just because hes good in Xfinity doesn't mean a darn thing when he gets to cup... many a driver has found that out! Even the huge financial backing from daddy Gibbs can't make you a star.
Right! Dale junior comes to mind.

Right! Dale junior comes to mind.

This is patently nonsense... ^^^^^^^

Look... Dale Earnhardt Jr won 27 races...

He won the Busch series championship back to back.... On a team that even Tony Eury Sr thought was not a title contending team when Dale got the car. Yet they won it first full year with Dale Jr.

He won in his 12th Nascar start...

His and Davey Allison's first 6 years in Nascar cup series are quite similar...

Now...

If you want to talk about a famous drivers son who failed miserably....

Talk about Steven Wallace.... Rusty Wallace's son....

He never won a single race in the Busch series aka infinti series... With all of daddy's money and help. He could not drive and get it done.

That would be valid.

Jr was my prime example! ;) also Kyle Petty...

Same thing....

Nonsense...

27 races won in the cup series is far, far better than Kyle Petty....

How long did it take for Kyle to win.????

Ahh like what 180+ races in the Cup series...

And Dale Earnhardt Jr won in his 12th start at Texas....

Dale Earnhardt Jr and Davey Allison's first 6 years are really quite similar.

I believe Davey was legit too. He could drive.

Like I said....

Steven Wallace is a real example of not being able to actually drive....

I will say from 1999 to say 2005 Nascar had a great influx of very talented drivers...

#1 Kyle Busch... Most like Dale Earnhardt Sr dricer.... Kyle can do things with a race car that almost no one else can do.

#2 Denny Hamlin.... A big time talent and I heard about him before he became a big time star. And ohh by the way Dale Earnhardt Jr greatly helped Denny too in finding a very good car to drive. Watch the spring 2006 Richmond race to hear that story.

#3 Jimmie Johnson... 7 time... And he was extremely good right out of the box. Yeah his team got busted a number of times cheating... But still this guy was helped and talent seen by no other than Jeff Gordon.

#4 Carl Edwards.... Benny Parsons helped him out and saw what this guy could do. Carl was a real wheel man.

#5 Matt Kenseth ... A real talented driver who was all talent and not much show.

#6 Kurt Busch.... A real moron yet tremendously talented young guy early in his career. A good guy now...

#7 Kevin Harvick... Won that race at Atlanta after Dale Earnhardt Sr death. Rather hot headed and immature for a while there... Still proved himself to be a legit driver over time.

#8 Dale Earnhardt Jr...

#9 Ryan Newman... Rocket man was seemingly all that for the first 3 years of his career. He was a real talent and showed he could almost win a championship late in his career at RCR. That was more impressive than his 8 win season.

#10 Greg Bifle... Another guy that was a real wheel man. Shame Rousch racing went down hill so bad later on in Greg's career.

The top 7 drivers here are ALL first ballot Hall of Fame drivers. . No doubt about it.

Should Dale Earnhardt Jr be in the Hall of Fame now ??

Maybe not. There's 7 other guys that should be in before him. Though a good number of those drivers are still actively driving.

However Dale's helping not one but 2 other drivers in racing that eventually won championships greatly helps his case. Brad Kesolowski and Martin Truex Jr both got much needed help from Dale Earnhardt Jr when they needed it most. Obviously Dale Earnhardt Jr has a good eye for very good drivers. And he helped Denny Hamlin too. With back to back Busch series titles and 2 Daytona 500 wins and 27 cup series wins and like around 20 Busch series wins... That's not too shabby.

Now I believe Ricky Rudd should actually get a lot more consideration... Ricky should be in the Hall too. And Geoffrey Bodine should too. Bodine won a lot of modified races.

He was easy for me not to like him at first because of his grandaddy, but he sure can race and he'll hopefully smooth the rough edges out over time, I saw him in a couple interviews and he won me over, nice young man! (I do like Joe Gibbs too, you know you just need a villain sometimes!)

I’ll say it and say it again I believe we have a real superstar driver in the making 2nd win of the year
FB_IMG_1647736663731.jpg

Back