the quest for pushups

6 months ago, I could not do a pushup, nor a pullup, and could definitely not do any lower body.

Now I do exactly 700 pushups per week, 210 pullups, and 200 dips.

Lots of jumproping, running for like an hour, and climbing trees as an upper and lower body exercise that is very fun , but dont do this at home.

eating as many eggs as I possibly could, I gained alot of strength bro's,
now I am using 50/50 protein powder and eggs starting today.

i hate protein powder lol

Nice! There is more to good diet than just protein, but it is a start!

I used to do a deck of cards a day, when I traveled and could not get to a gym.

Flip a card, do that many push-ups, sit ups, and half that many pull ups (round up for odds)...continue until deck is gone. You only get breaks after an Ace, or Joker.

Number cards are that many reps
eg. - draw a 7 = 7 push ups, 7 sit ups, 4 pull ups

Jack = 11
Queen = 12
King = 13
Ace = 15
Joker = 20

I hope your push ups involve touching your nose to the ground and your arms straight at the top. To my mind that's a real push up. One of my co-workers used to do 50 "push ups" involving a little waving around, all in pretty much the same position.

I could do 50 real push ups at one time. 50 years later, I doubt I could do 10. Maybe 5.

I hope your push ups involve touching your nose to the ground and your arms straight at the top. To my mind that's a real push up. One of my co-workers used to do 50 "push ups" involving a little waving around, all in pretty much the same position.

I could do 50 real push ups at one time. 50 years later, I doubt I could do 10. Maybe 5.

I agree with this ^^^^^^^

You are doing great xgmad...

Real full length push ups where you touch the surface with your nose and push fully back up.

And real full length pull ups where you go down to full arm length and pull all the way up.

My arms are 35 inches long . . Typically well longer than most people I was with in school. Needless to say I had a much tougher task than they did.

When I first started lifting weights I was quite weak... Over 2+ years I doubled my strength in my chest, triceps and shoulders. And did the same with my back and biceps.

I even got to where I could do one arm pull ups... Which surprised me to a degree.

I also did either 9 or 10 push ups with a 100 pound weight plate on my back. That was actually pretty fun.

My quest for push ups ended here:

DBD4E5B9-0792-4D6D-A45B-32F70097CC10.jpeg

Nice job!

Ive taken to swimming, a lot... and love it.

I should make a new regimen of body weight exercises like you worked up to. Great work!

I hope your push ups involve touching your nose to the ground and your arms straight at the top. To my mind that's a real push up.
lol thats how I did them when i started, touching nose to the ground, even with bar pushups where you get more movement down.

I don't just eat protein lol, its a balance of everything, but I only use clarified butter and some olive oil sometimes when making food and stuff.

It was quite a difficult goal to reach, but it is reachable!

Back