The Power of Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.framadvantage.com/brand/index.html

I haven't seen this before. It must be a new site.

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Power of orange my arse. I have the power of red! Balwdin Red. Great filters and they kick Fram's can.

Hey, I like the power of orange! Stop dissing my favorite!
wink.gif
grin2.gif

The only thing I like about the Fram Oil Filter is the color.

It makes a great paper weight on my desk and a nice conversation piece.

When people see it on my desk, and say why isn't it on my car, I just say it works better as a paper weight and then the conversation starts.

Great. Now there's going to be a x times better oil filter war. Somehow, I'm thinking Champ Labs with their Mobil 1 filters will quickly shut Fram up!

But seriously, Fram does have a very strong customer base here in the US, especially in the DIY sector.

I personally use Fram oil filters occasionally and have no issues with them. They are just as good as any other economy filter. I'll probably use them even more in the future since every 5 qt oil change deal includes one.

some deals by use use purolators.

I used fram filters occasionally, but got more startup noise than with other brands... probably because of drain back or something.

The problem with Fram is it's priced too high for what it is, there are other oil filter as good or better that cost less or much better that cost about the same or a little more. That being said, I would use Fram if the price is right which is less than $2/ea.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The problem with Fram is it's priced too high for what it is, there are other oil filter as good or better that cost less or much better that cost about the same or a little more. That being said, I would use Fram if the price is right which is less than $2/ea.

I agree with him. It would be a fine filter, if it was priced for what it is. But for the price they usually are, no thanks, scam someone else.

That's only Canadian Frams. The US Frams aren't as clean. It's a Canadian thing. Everyone likes Canadians

Paul-Gross--C10045862.jpeg

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I personally use Fram oil filters occasionally and have no issues with them. They are just as good as any other economy filter.

What!? I thought it was agreed on these pages years ago that the SuperTech filters were the cheapest no-brainer filters?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Everyone likes Canadians

Not everyone.

Dare I ask why?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Everyone likes Canadians

Not everyone.

Dare I ask why?

My post wouldn't make it past the sensors.

There are people like me that tend to trust brands we remember as a child. Check my garage, Pennzoil, Prestone, AC, Stanley, Permatex, etc. Now I have rejected the Sunoco, Nashes, and some other things my dad always bought. I remember when oil filters were orange, maybe even the external housings the elements fit in. Orange. Then, long before BITOG, I put a hacksaw to the orange can. It was like it would be learning Gene Autry can't shoot straight.

Sheesh...I thought this was a post about the Cleveland Browns..
grin2.gif
then again..with their record...Fram would get a higher score...
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back