The "Penny Challenge"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids need to get outside more. Stupid bicycle tricks, playing tackle football, imitating pro wrestling moves, hanging out by the railroad, exploring abandoned mines and quarries-- that sort of stuff. At least the survivors of those activities gain physical fitness.

If anybody here has a facebook and watches the videos on Terminal Lance, then you know just how bad humanity can get when you're bored.

A friend of mine is an ER Dr.

Awhile back he told me about some genius who came into the ER with 3rd degree burns on his arm. Apparently it was his attempt at something called the 'Hot Coil Challenge'. That takes a special kind of stupid...

Originally Posted by Kira
1) Girls in a dorm room discovered that I didn't know what a "Whoop-whoop" was.

They took a dry cleaner's cover plastic and after hanging it from a wire hanger (pulled taught so it hung like a hose's tail) set it on fire.

The molten plastic made a "whoop-whoop" noise as it fell to the ground. Also, the room filled with toxic smoke.

My Dad was a fireman. I contained myself but implored the girls not to do that again.

2) A friend went to a better, nationally known technical college and found dorm mates who were amazed that zip cord could be fastened to nails which then could be inserted into hot dogs. When plugged in the hot dog would cook.

I thought, "If these easily entertained imbeciles are tomorrow's engineers, we're in trouble".
I'm not snotty.. They were stupid children.

Coffee everywhere, thanks! LOL!!

[Linked Image]

776A376F-915D-408D-9562-CD9905A2BD86.jpeg

Originally Posted by Kira
2) A friend went to a better, nationally known technical college and found dorm mates who were amazed that zip cord could be fastened to nails which then could be inserted into hot dogs. When plugged in the hot dog would cook.

When I was a kid we had one of these, a Presto Hotdogger. It did essentially the same thing:

[Linked Image from blog.kevmo314.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back