The Past

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Had groceries delivered to me on the first day of my vacation. From Publix in 30 minutes. Amazing. Where I live you can't get delivery period.

I told a lady friend about it and I said I wish I had that opportunity back when I was 20 years old in the day I would have worked my self silly night and day.

She freaks. Don't look back to the past. Makes her angry. Same with my brother. They really get upset if you use the word past...

Are they riddled with regrets?????

Geez... I think that response was a bit off... I'm fine with talking about the past. Some great memories. Some real appreciation of how lucky I have been, and, in consideration of how far I've come, and how my kids have grown up, some real appreciation of how lucky I am now.

Is there a chance your lady friend was re-reacting to people who do nothing but look backward and bemoan everything?
If such experiences (having your nerves grated by others' unreasonable, continual complaining) leaves you raw, you might "freak" too.
I assume "freak" meant she reacted sharply.

I had a grandma who'd say, "Turn around and face front".

I get it Kira
But I only said that one thing as I'm not one of those that lives in the past. I only said it was a good business opportunity. I agree some grate on your nerves with that kinda talk all day long..lol

Wonder if home delivery and order online/pickup will go away when this mess is over? We do the order online/pickup deal and it is convenient and saves money by preventing impulse sales. Will we continue? Probably part of the time if it stays. It has to be costing the retailers money with the added employees etc. but they had to do it.

Wonder if home delivery and order online/pickup will go away when this mess is over? We do the order online/pickup deal and it is convenient and saves money by preventing impulse sales. Will we continue? Probably part of the time if it stays. It has to be costing the retailers money with the added employees etc. but they had to do it.
My wife loves Costco home delivery . It costs extra though.

Im not lazy and already had cv19
But the service was $3 listed as driver tip and I got a coupon for $15 off my next $75 order so I would use it all the time.
I tried it because a new grocery store can take forever to find your usual stuff.
I think the virus taught stores how service sells. I think it is here to stay.

I told a lady friend about it and I said I wish I had that opportunity back when I was 20 years old in the day I would have worked my self silly night and day.

Do you mean you would have worked many hours as a grocery delivery driver? Or that you would have worked more hours in your job so you could pay to have everything delivered to you?

Either way I don't understand why that woman found the idea offensive.

It might decline or the price might go up. But probably won't go away. Remember grocery delivery started in the dot com bust back in 2000. It's still around. It's kind of a fad but maybe volume might go down but it won't go away completely. I like to pick my produce but if you're just ordering commodities in boxes, then it's all the same and you mind as well do delivery. Oh I also check expiration dates, not sure how well they do with that on delivery either.

I remember watching shows from the 50s like Leave It to Beaver,etc,and guys on bicycles would deliver groceries to peoples' houses. Seems like grocery delivery has always been around.

Do you mean you would have worked many hours as a grocery delivery driver? Or that you would have worked more hours in your job so you could pay to have everything delivered to you?

Either way I don't understand why that woman found the idea offensive.
No it was I would have made delivery a business and as you said go day and night.

I like talking about the past. My past isn’t as big as many peoples here is though. My childhood memories and all the good times I had with my friends in school. All the crazy stuff I’ve done so far like taking my friends around the school parking lot in the back of my truck waving their flags and yelling and the principal and school resource officer laughing their heads off. My first time driving doing a burn out by mistake was funny too and a good memory. I remember lots of stuff from the past like I remember particularly the years 2007-2011 the most though I seem to remember a little bit from each year of my life and I enjoy talking about what happened in those years minus a few things of course that were the bad things. I remember my first day of kindergarten in 2007 and then my sister graduating in 2010 and me saying that will be me in 10 years and then 2011 coming and a bad memory started that year but it got better actually 10 years ago exactly today the 21st is when the bad memory happened but I won’t talk about it here it involves a truck crash that is all I will say. I lost my first 10mm socket and my dad threw a ratchet through the windshield of his Jeep because he stripped a spark plug hole 😂 that is another good and funny memory from 2011. The only thing I remember from 2013 besides Christmas is me getting a phone because I was starting middle school and that made me feel like I was king of the world. And I remember the last few years pretty good as well. My favorite from the last few years is getting my Beetle. I could talk all day and all night about the past but I think that would be a lot to write out.

Last edited:
There are use cases. If you have kids or run a business you cannot go out regularly it is useful. I don't think everyone will switch to it due to the delivery cost, and you know if we have self service in stores and restaurants to cut cost, delivery is the opposite direction we wanted.

I do think curb side pickup will stay in the future, and I do think if eventually drone delivery becomes possible then we will have a lot of people ordering groceries online.

Had groceries delivered to me on the first day of my vacation. From Publix in 30 minutes. Amazing. Where I live you can't get delivery period.

She freaks. Don't look back to the past. Makes her angry. Same with my brother. They really get upset if you use the word past...

Are they riddled with regrets?????
I remember being a kid. How things were back then...and I'm only 35. I would have been a complete shark in those waters, but instead, now I am an adult, caught up in this petty PC climate of victimhood=sainthood. Being a shark is bad. You need to be Nemo to get ahead. I'm bad at that.

Solved...
The past bothers her because of her past actions and relationships.
She has a history of doing the wrong thing. She has left a bunch of carnage in her wake.

She often said she never got closure
on many issues- relationships. She is like the Seinfeld bad breaker upper episode.

I remember being a kid. How things were back then...and I'm only 35. I would have been a complete shark in those waters, but instead, now I am an adult, caught up in this petty PC climate of victimhood=sainthood. Being a shark is bad. You need to be Nemo to get ahead. I'm bad at that.
If you are a kid that means you ain't an old goat. Lucky you.

imho, dealing with people who have issues dealing with their past ... creates or brings in more complexity in the relationship than it's necessary or needed ...
I would tread with caution. i.e. If they are friend, they will stay that way.

Back