the only conoco philips products I can find in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only recognized labeled brands that are ConocoPhilips in my area are:

1) MotorCraft and that starts at above $2/quart no matter where it sells

2) Kendall at AutoZone for $1.79/qt...only 10w-30 and 10w-40; no more 5w-30 which is nice to run in late fall, winter, and early spring in PA

no troparc, no bradpenn, no dramatic savings

BradPenn is not a ConocoPhillips product. Have you looked for 76 Super Synthetic Blend and Conoco Super All Season Synthetic Blend? Occasionally one of the ConocoPhillips brands shos up at Pig Lots.

I've never seen tropic/artic around these parts. I keep looking in $-General ..but I see stuff with STP label ..or whatever
dunno.gif

Yes, BradPenn is American Refining Group in Bradford, PA

Trop Artic used to be available at WallyWorld around here, but the shelves of all the stores in the area have been completely empty of it for some time now. I can only conclude that area WalMarts have decided to stop carrying it. The car in which I use this oil really seems to like it, as it reduced the consumption considerably over M1 and quieted the valvetrain as well. My oil stash has nearly run out, so I've been looking around for an alternative. I guess if I want to stick with CP, Motorcraft is going to be my only choice because for some strange reason Autozone doesn't sell Kendall 5W30. I've been looking for Kendall oil for a week now and haven't had any luck at all. My last shot is the local distributor, but I'm thinking they'll tell me to take a hike unless I want it in a 55 gallon drum.

quote:

but I'm thinking they'll tell me to take a hike unless I want it in a 55 gallon drum.

Sounds like the ultimate oil stash to me
grin.gif
I think that would be a BITOG first in terms of personal supply inventory.

Definitely an attractive arrangement when considering the peripheral advantages. In addition to routine vehicle maintenance, the mind boggles at the potential presented by possession of one's very own 55 gallon drum of motor oil for lawnmower motor oil changes and life-of-the-house weed abatement...

Well (add a "humph!" to it) ..if I could find it in SE PA ...I'm sure I could get it for $1.09 ..so there!!

That's my story ..and I'm sticking to it!
lol.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Well, I was spared the hard sell on the 55 gallon drum...

My local distributor does sell Kendall oil in cases. It works out to $2.50/qt for the synthetic blend, and $5.50/qt for synthetic. So, the synthetic blend ends up being more expensive than Motorcraft. The synthetic, while I'm sure it's a good product, probably shouldn't be priced with M1.

Too bad...although I know it's not the same product or even the same company, I would have liked an excuse to use Kendall again. I used it in a car I had about 20 years ago.

Maybe I'll look around for something else. CP seems to have some distribution issues...even Motorcraft disappeared from WalMart for awhile.

quote:

Originally posted by Mach5:
Trop Artic used to be available at WallyWorld around here, but the shelves of all the stores in the area have been completely empty of it for some time now. I can only conclude that area WalMarts have decided to stop carrying it. The car in which I use this oil really seems to like it, as it reduced the consumption considerably over M1 and quieted the valvetrain as well. My oil stash has nearly run out, so I've been looking around for an alternative. I guess if I want to stick with CP, Motorcraft is going to be my only choice because for some strange reason Autozone doesn't sell Kendall 5W30. I've been looking for Kendall oil for a week now and haven't had any luck at all. My last shot is the local distributor, but I'm thinking they'll tell me to take a hike unless I want it in a 55 gallon drum.

Not much luck north of Dayton, Ohio as well. Over the last three or four weeks the supply of TA has dried up at the local Walmarts. Today I was in Troy, Ohio Walmart buying Rain X Bug-Free Windshield Washer Fluid (I found I have 5 gallons jugs of Winter Rain X in three different colors) and the space for the TA was gone, with only a few bottles of 10W-40 left in the overflow area.

Usually you could find TA at Duckwall / Alco stores. Yesterday the store in New Bremen, Ohio was completely out of most TA oil as well as Citgo and Havoline.

Big Lots has Kendall 5W-30 back in stock, but it cost $1.90 a quart and probably will be hard to find on a regular basis.

[ May 23, 2006, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: ddean ]

Around here you are limited to Motorcraft and some weights of Kendall. Motorcraft is easy to find, but only in one quart bottles (either by themselves or in cases). I have seen a few Motorcraft five quart jugs, but only for 5W-20 (I use 5W-30). If you are lucky, you might be able to find a few dusty, leaking bottles of 10W-30 Kendall at AutoZone, but that's it. A ton of shops around here use bulk Kendall, but the DIYers are SOL. I have yet to ever see TA in any store here.

I've checked 3 Big Lots stores around here for Kendall without success. I wonder if since the CP products are lower cost than the competition the profit margins are slimmer...that might explain some of the stores' reluctance to carry CP oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back