The ongoing saga of the Four Winns

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
What outdrive? Is the raw water pump in the lower half of the outdrive like a Mercruiser Alpha? Vanes from a falling apart impeller can get stuck in the cooling system if they break off.
It's a Volvo Penta 5.0FL, which appears to have the Volvo SX outdrive? Looks like it just has the raw water pump on the engine from what I can see, which is new.
I would not want plain 2x4 put into my boat to repair the floor or gas tank support. Spray foam?
Right!? No idea what the hell this guy was doing. Wish I had snapped a pic for your enjoyment.

Donald and OVERKILL, thanks for posting in here and throwing some water on my internal fire to buy a boat. I enjoy reading about the fixes but am not ready to go down the boat ownership road yet. Good luck to both of you getting everything lake ready!
I think you have to really like being on the water to justify the cost and effort involved to maintain a boat. If my boat had a Mercruiser Alpha drive it would have been fixed in a few weeks, not several months. The outdrive I have is a much better drive but parts are an issue.

I think you have to really like being on the water to justify the cost and effort involved to maintain a boat. If my boat had a Mercruiser Alpha drive it would have been fixed in a few weeks, not several months. The outdrive I have is a much better drive but parts are an issue.

I’ll stick to using the in-laws’ boats and going out on boats with friends. I’d much rather toss them a few hundred $$$ for gas and let them “enjoy” the hassles of boat ownership!