The oil dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, all of this oil info has me thinking...

Okay. I'm running M1 5w30 in the Cobalt now, after the car has been running QS right up until the current oil change (w/M1)
For the next few oil changes I'll be running the case of PP 5w30 I picked up ( for the next 2 oil changes).

I've been thinking that since the Napa syn is a great deal (picked up a case today), I might run it in the Balt too.

Now, would going from QS dino to M1 to PP to NS be a good idea?

The reason for my thinking is that the PP might do some extra "cleaning" of the other stuff (which makes me wonder if it will run low) I was planning th stick with PP for a while, but the good deals keep making me think twice....

Won't hurt it at all...

Use a brand name that meets the specs (or higher) as outlines in your owners manual, for the cheapest price and you will be good!

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: ProfPS
The only area where it will cause some concern is if you do a UOA. It takes at least 2 OCI's to remove a previous brand's residual chemicals from an engine.

So it shouldn't hurt the Valvoline,then?

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
I was expecting a video of dancing oil bottles.
grin2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Sounds good!

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
The only area where it will cause some concern is if you do a UOA. It takes at least 2 OCI's to remove a previous brand's residual chemicals from an engine.

No, it won't hurt the current fill - you will have plenty of protection. It's just that traces from the previous fills maybe found in the UOA.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

No, it won't hurt the current fill - you will have plenty of protection. It's just that traces from the previous fills maybe found in the UOA.

Ah, that makse sense. Now I have a tough choice here....

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Won't hurt it at all...

Use a brand name that meets the specs (or higher) as outlines in your owners manual, for the cheapest price and you will be good!

cheers3.gif

X2
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: deven
Keep the oil dancing all year long!

banana2.gif

Now I just need a picture somwhere....

M1 seems to keep engines pretty clean. That, and if you've done regular OC's, there won't be anything for the PP to clean out.

So run whatever you want, whenever!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
M1 seems to keep engines pretty clean. That, and if you've done regular OC's, there won't be anything for the PP to clean out.

So run whatever you want, whenever!

thumbsup2.gif

I"m guessing if it does clean anything out, it will be the old QS dino...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back