The official time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see:

Oil Obsession, Time Obsession,......
grin.gif

Have a great day!
smile.gif

Hehe, you forgot my other obsession, the weather! Every commercial break (if I have control of the remote) I switch to the weather channel up here!
grin.gif

Patman, it's illegal to use or even know about the nist site unless you manage a sizeable network of computers. OCD - Just say no!
grin.gif

Patman,

Another obsession, knowing whre you are via GPS!

And women say a man needs to stop for directions!

We don't need no stinkin' directions when we have GPS or a computer terminal in
the car linked to PCS.

Hehe, not very good; it said one moment please for 35 seconds - that is not the correct
time if it is 35 seconds later!
shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif

[ November 07, 2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Are you serious?

Not at all. Sorry.
smile.gif

MolaKule, run a real correcting time client for accuracy. Bad use of Java IMO, more of a demo. Uses too few or the wrong servers or it'd be more accurate.

Check your favorite download site for ntp clients. Set up your own server with radio backup & never be late for meetings again. (choking)
smile.gif

David

Whew! I thought the time police were gonna come and take me away! (instead of my probable fate, which is men in white coats coming to take me away, haha hehe haha, to the funny farm!)
grin.gif

I, too, am a time fanatic
frown.gif
*sigh*

This is trully a nutty board, but its fun - so many other obsessives like myself!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

That's a good site, I've been using it for some time.
rolleyes.gif

If the accuracy is greater than a second or so, hit "refresh" that usually gets the accuracy to under a second.

Don't bother using the site on the day the clocks change. It gets overwhelmed with hits and only gives a fixed time. Sync your watch the day before, when the interactive clock is working.

I thought I'd bump this to the top since many of you, like myself, have about 30 clocks to set this morning!
smile.gif

If you have a shortwave("world band") radio, you can get the correct time from WWV, Ft. Collins, CO, & another station in Hawaii, on 5MHz, 10MHz, 15MHz, & 20MHz. The catch? It's given in "world time". That's Universal time, or for us old timers, Greenwich Mean Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back