The official introduction thread: It's home!

I put a Wiseco 1314 cc forged piston resleeve kit in mine.
Now I'm on the verge of buying either a 1993 Suzuki GS1100G or a 1994 Kawasaki GPz1100.
Will post a thread when it comes about.

Danger Zone is playing in my head atm

5eab729a0ebfbb5236172f59.jpg

Dang that GPZ is one fine-looking machine! Buy it, that is your only choice...

You can throw a pair of ZX11 cams in and wake it up even more without ruining any part of its originality to the outward eye.

Do it!

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Anyone who rides needs to buy and read this book. It has saved my life and surely many others. Understanding the dynamics of two wheel vehicles and suppressing instinctual reactions in order to learn effective ones is VITAL.

https://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-Vol-High-Performance-Motorcycle/dp/0965045021

I'll have to check that one out, thanks for posting!

Oh, and I agree with Bonz - the GPZ, no question!

My copy of Twist of the Wrist II gets read at least once a year, continual reinforcement of riding techniques, and to me more importantly, the psychology of what makes us do what we do on a bike is priceless.

Absolute thumbs up and highest recommendation!

Great looking bike and such nice condition. I was away from cycling for about 20 years and came back as a 're tread' in 2005 acquiring a 11,200 mile '95 Nighthawk, CB750/four.
Get serious about parking lot practice, slow speed maneuvers to help balance, emergency braking techniques, etc... Pick some nice routes and roads that won't overload your input reading too much and trying to take it all in at once. You'll build confidence and skills, it just doesn't come over night and I can tell you already know this.
thumbsup2.gif

My motorbike days previous to 2005 / 44 years old were dirt bikes and trail rides, very little playing in traffic. I knew right away my comfort level on and around bikes could lure me into trouble easily. I researched safety sites and read up on lots of things related to surviving the ride. Proficient and MORE Proficient motor cycling - good investment

https://www.amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1620081199

E N J O Y !

Last edited:
15,846 miles.
banana2.gif

So is that the banana of victory doing his dance that you got the bike?

It's where the conversation lead... According to that, anything off topic of the CB900 would be a thread hijack. Lighten up!

Who posted that CB750K pic right off the bat? Thanks for sharing...

Originally Posted by Bonz
It's where the conversation lead... According to that, anything off topic of the CB900 would be a thread hijack. Lighten up!

Who posted that CB750K pic right off the bat? Thanks for sharing...

Same brand and lineage of bikes and a directly applicable maintenance item mentioned.

The GPZ is a great bike but swing and a miss Bonz.
crackmeup2.gif

You probably want to keep it stock but fyi a good 4 into 1 megaphone, pod filters, and a Dynojet kit will add to the top end rush. My 1982 CB750F would keep up and sometimes roll past newer sport bikes (in the mid-90's).

Please no. Nothing like taking a classic and screwing it up.
Looks like this bike has gone unmolested in 40 years, why screw it up now?
The only thing I would do to this bike is look for a full fairing, but that is probably rarer than the bike.

As I said in your other thread, the few times I got to ride one of these was just amazing.
At the time I had only ridden smaller bikes (Suzuki TS185, GS250, Honda CB 125, VF500), so the power of this 900 was amazing, and as you now know, the air ride suspension is just so smooth.
This thing will love the highway better than Goldwings of the time, and is equal or better to even some modern day bikes for comfort. Plus has the classic UJM styling.

Originally Posted by blupupher
The only thing I would do to this bike is look for a full fairing, but that is probably rarer than the bike.

I have to admit, and original Windjammer would look Awesome on that bike!

Waiting for an update from the OP. Hopefully everything is going as planned with the Honda.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by blupupher
You probably want to keep it stock but fyi a good 4 into 1 megaphone, pod filters, and a Dynojet kit will add to the top end rush. My 1982 CB750F would keep up and sometimes roll past newer sport bikes (in the mid-90's).

Please no. Nothing like taking a classic and screwing it up.
Looks like this bike has gone unmolested in 40 years, why screw it up now?

For such a clean unmolested example, I agree on leaving it as is. Nothing mentioned will make it truly fast, but it will turn it from a fantastic survivor, into just another modified old bike.

If the OP wants a fast bike, buy a recent vintage 1000cc or more sportbike, but I'd leave that classic CB as is.

Just my opinion.

Back