The new Challenger....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this pic/article on CNN:

Challenger

I think it looks ok,...actually pretty good.

but I'd prefer the wheels to be less "in your face", but still remain 5-spoke rims with a bit less space between the spokes, and the tires to have a BIT more rubber. (Think of 94-2001 Cobra wheels, Ford SVT wheels)

What do you guys think?
Does anybody know which engine will be in this thing?

I think it looks sharp. And you know it'll come with a Hemi option. As for the Charger bland looking -plus its a 4 door.No thanks.
I look forward to seeing a Challenger going down I-40.

I want a white one! (I've watched 'Vanishing Point' at least a thousand times!) I'll put on a set of cheap glass-packs so it's loud enough to scare Earnhardt Jr. and then I'll go out and probably lose my license in a week or so.

Theirs some talk of them putting the new 392(6.4) Hemi in the SRT-8 Devirant puttin out around 500HP. Personally I think the car is drop dead Georgeous.

Wow! I like it even better than my Suzuki. I wish I could get it with a slant 6. Probably not much headroom though.

That's one to slobber over--musclecar styling done right. Until now, I was impressed with the new Mustangs, even though I'm not a Mustang fan. They're modern cars with classic styling cues, but the Challenger looks to be a musclecar with modern touches.

I'm still not wild about the big rim/skinny sidewall business, but that's a small thing. This car should be at least as fast as most old Challengers right from the showroom, with better mileage, cleaner emissions, better handling, and less maintenance. That's not to say I don't love a lopey monster that makes a lot of noise and smoke and goes scary fast in a straight line, but compare this one to the new "Charger."

Now, if I only had some disposable income...

Let me provide some counter-balance to this thread and write that I don't like how it looks at all. I don't know. I just don't see it, I guess. I think the new Mustang looks better from the front, although the back is pretty tacky, too.

Let's see the interior.

I have to have this car
shocked.gif

Dang! Thanks for the nice Photos...
wide, low, 2-door coupe...the best kind.

Would love to see this car in pure black, w/out any stripes...

I really like the way it looks, BUT even more certain now that the rims should have more rubber around them...don't like the spokes going inwards in the middle, either...(just my taste, though)

--any idea how much one will cost?
--and how dependable are those Engines, btw?
--wonder if this will be available with auto trans....??

Not sure about those questions but all of chryslers new engines are tested to 150,000 Miles with no problems and no loss of perforamce.

That stripe is not painted its just a section of the hood that is not painted the hood is actually carbon fiber.

Wow , that is nice. I had an original 1971 Challenger R/T with a 440, 4 speed and the outside body style of this new one sure looks close. In fact, to me, it looks like a more rounded version of my 71 with a shorter nose like the old "Cuda". With the resurgence of 60's and early 70's muscle cars there isn't a day that goes by I don't kick myself for selling that car.
pat.gif
mad.gif
banghead.gif

Holy crap!! That is a hot car! DC is going to go broke stuffing Hemi's in every car, truck and SUV, with record oil prices and a coming real estate deflation, but at least they'll do it in style.

Estimated base price 35,000.16 valve 370 cu in Hemi. 425 bhp @ 6000 rpm.420 lb ft @ 4800 rpm. Trans 6 speed manual. wheelbase 115.9 inches.Zero to 60 4.5 sec. Standing 1/4 mile 13.0 sec. Top speed 174 mph. Projected fuel economy 14 city 20 hwy. 20 inch wheels front 21 back. This is from a r/t.

Pretty Slick.

Concept has a 6.1 liter 425 hp V-8 Hemi and will be on display in Detroit next 2 weeks. Can't wait to see it. Reminds me so much of the beauty I owned back in 1971. Hope the seats are better since I traded in the '71 'cause the seats hurt my back so bad.

Since the new Mustang came out, there was no question about what car I would want, but now it will be hard to decide. Looks like DMC did as good a job with Challenger as Ford did the the Mustang. Well, maybe the decision won't be that hard. This one looks like it will blow the doors off the Mustang.

The T-Bird (although it did not sell) the new Mustang and now this beauty are all fantastic examples of using new technology and retro styling to make really distinct, desirable cars ...

... and this one is the best of the bunch, so far.

I have the new issue of Road & Track and this car is on the cover ... deservedly so.

I was never a fan of Chryslers but this car looks too good to be true.
shocked.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back