The most humid city in the USA is not in Florida or Texas

I saw Brownsville Texas on the list. I almost took a billet for the station down there out of boot camp. Another guy told me, hey man, I’m from Texas but you don’t want to go to Brownsville.

Bing AI ;)gives the following=
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1610.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I’m from Buggtussle, Louisiana but it’s hard to tell because I wore braces. It was super humid there but now I live in Lizard Spit, Arizona. Surprisingly, it gets super humid here in July through September. We’re close to the Baja coast so we get all of the slag humidity from the monsoons. 😟

Reactions: GON
So it is more humid, but it is also much, much cooler in San Francisco.

Hottest month is September, with an average high of 72°F.

Houston's hottest month is August, average high of 93°F (heck, the average low is 75°F).

If you compare San Francisco's hot season (June to Oct) and Houston's cool season (Nov to Feb) they both have the same average high temp.

San Francisco and Houston
Direct comparison

That's another misleading internet "list".

PNW and even the happy bay are pretty dry by the time the weather warms up.

Meh, nothing burger. Try southern ass China. Never again.

Iowa can be nasty. Just ask my 16 year old self, out standing behind a square baler on a 100F day. Hay field surrounded by corn, and they put out a LOT of moisture when it gets hot. Usually no breeze on those days.

Sweat dripping out every pour of your body. Itchy hay dust sticking to the sweat and it looked like your arms were stung by bees, with all the sharp hay pokes.

Then you had to haul it all in and put it up in the barn. That was worst! Probably did that for $3-$4 per hour in the 1970's.

Wish I had a McDonald's to work in for $18 per hour back then with A/C.

Then you had to haul it all in and put it up in the barn. That was worst! Probably did that for $3-$4 per hour in the 1970's.

Wish I had a McDonald's to work in for $18 per hour back then with A/C.
$3-4 per hour in the 70’s? wouldn’t that have been good pay back then? I recall min wage was $4.25 in the early 90’s or so, IIRC that was what I was making as a teen.

$3 in 1979 is like $12.36 today. If you were making more but earlier in the decade it might have McD’s beat—well, ‘cept for the a/c bit, and being a bit easier work and all. :)

$3-4 per hour in the 70’s? wouldn’t that have been good pay back then? I recall min wage was $4.25 in the early 90’s or so, IIRC that was what I was making as a teen.

$3 in 1979 is like $12.36 today. If you were making more but earlier in the decade it might have McD’s beat—well, ‘cept for the a/c bit, and being a bit easier work and all. :)
Been too long and I forget in my feeble old age!;)

As I recall though, my 1st "real job" was in 1975 after graduation. I think the wage was $6 per hour. But it was as a mechanic and I had to furnish my own tools. No A/C there either. That brought me back to the hay field again. Not pitching bales, fixing the small square balers!:mad:

Don't think we had A/C in my folks house until 1972 or so, just a fan. My Grandparents were "rich" and had A/C and color TV in the 1960's!(y)

Back