The Most Expensive Song To License For A Movie.

1) I'm all for a good time but those AC/DC songs seem like a 'fanfare' or basic chant amped to a screeching high level. Indiscernible lyrics lain atop this noise doesn't cut it. I am always open to a hard driving beat but a "good song" has to meet certain standards.

"Mister Moonlight", by The Beatles, couldn't sell shoelaces.

2) Here's the part of the thread where the specific question goes unaddressed: I knew a bartender. He wrote a song years ago which was used in a movie twice. He said he was playing with his son one morning and a phone call informed him he was going to see two $50,000 payments.

Anyone care to research this one? It was, "I Love Rock 'n Roll (so put another dime in the jukebox, baby)" and was used twice in........wait for it.......Wayne's World. The reference to "another DIME in the jukebox" was appropriate to the time, the author told me.

2) Here's the part of the thread where the specific question goes unaddressed: I knew a bartender. He wrote a song years ago which was used in a movie twice. He said he was playing with his son one morning and a phone call informed him he was going to see two $50,000 payments.

Anyone care to research this one? It was, "I Love Rock 'n Roll (so put another dime in the jukebox, baby)" and was used twice in........wait for it.......Wayne's World. The reference to "another DIME in the jukebox" was appropriate to the time, the author told me.
The late Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister of Motorhead once said he made more money from writing the song "Mama, I'm Coming Home" for Ozzy Osbourne than he ever did from all the decades performing with Motorhead.

The only way to "make bank" in the music business is to write a hit song. Then you'll get paid whenever anyone plays it. It's a lot more lucrative than playing in a band, even an A list band.

Back