The Maverick Hybrid went to the dealer for 2 recalls today.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
The Maverick's first trip to dealer since purchase 11 months ago today. Had a 8am appointment for 2 recalls. So far it has been a genuine CF. Got there early so they had all day to replace the air bags. Waited over 50 minutes before they could take me for my rental down the road. Got to Hertz there and the pre-arranged rental was all goofed up. Nuff said about that. My rental is a recent Malibu. Don't know what is banging on the bottom of the car on any bump. I'm guessing motor mounts. Hoping its not a dead body from the previous renter.
To Be Continued Tomorrow

Good luck. I really want to like the new Maverick, as I believe it checks so many boxes. But if it has issues and Ford mismanages those issues, well that's not good.

The recall for the curtain airbags has been interesting so far. We can't stock the parts and have to order them by VIN. Hopefully your dealer's appointment people let their parts department know when they make those appointments, ours doesn't.
Went through all of that when I contacted them for an appointment. They wanted VIN and the exact mileage at the time of my claim. I simply said call me when you have the parts. They called the next day, and made an appointment for today. At first "Shawn" was saying they need three days. So I called Ford customer service and they said the dealer is paid for 4 to 6 hours. Who knows if that is the truth. When I had to be a bit stern with "Shawn" he said Ford was saying only one day rental for this job. So I made it clear that I expected my truck back with no extra rental fees, and he agreed. Like I said "To Be Continued"

The Maverick's first trip to dealer since purchase 11 months ago today. Had a 8am appointment for 2 recalls. So far it has been a genuine CF. Got there early so they had all day to replace the air bags. Waited over 50 minutes before they could take me for my rental down the road. Got to Hertz there and the pre-arranged rental was all goofed up. Nuff said about that. My rental is a recent Malibu. Don't know what is banging on the bottom of the car on any bump. I'm guessing motor mounts. Hoping its not a dead body from the previous renter.
To Be Continued Tomorrow
Hope things go well .

Good luck. I really want to like the new Maverick, as I believe it checks so many boxes. But if it has issues and Ford mismanages those issues, well that's not good.
A buddy buys the higher end Ford pickups from a large dealer. The last two needed extensive time for warranty repairs. The first took a couple of years of driving before those repairs were needed. The second only had a few months useage before it needed a long laundry list of warranty repairs. It took months to get the repairs done for the second, he even had to return the first loaner as he was putting too many miles on it. After another month or two with the second loaner, the truck was finally fixed.

Fix or repair daily needs to be replaced with fix or repair many things.

@JeffKeryk
My Maverick has been in service 11 months today. Has not had any issues other than the recalls. "Shawn" almost went "deer in headlight look" when I mentioned the "Grabby Brakes" TSB. Apparently it is more than hooking up the computer.

Went through all of that when I contacted them for an appointment. They wanted VIN and the exact mileage at the time of my claim. I simply said call me when you have the parts. They called the next day, and made an appointment for today. At first "Shawn" was saying they need three days. So I called Ford customer service and they said the dealer is paid for 4 to 6 hours. Who knows if that is the truth. When I had to be a bit stern with "Shawn" he said Ford was saying only one day rental for this job. So I made it clear that I expected my truck back with no extra rental fees, and he agreed. Like I said "To Be Continued"
Sounds like the parts were not ordered.

I don't understand why a service writer makes an appointment for 9am for a minor warranty repair and when you get there at 9am tells you he hopes it will be done today. Is there no real scheduling going on?
That's pretty common. If the line techs are backed up from other jobs that have taken longer than planned (or due to upsells), this can happen.

I have found that for anything other than an oil change, there's a good chance that you'll have to leave the car for a few days. I have found this to be true with many dealers, at least around here.

Back