The Kia Coupe (Koup) SX detailing thread (progress/updates)

@1 SX , did you do a clutch delay valve delete? I never got into mine as I still run the original clutch at 149k. It resides in the bell housing, 'nuff said

@1 SX , did you do a clutch delay valve delete? I never got into mine as I still run the original clutch at 149k. It resides in the bell housing, 'nuff said
I really wanted to!! But y'all right haha! It is internal of the bell housing. I did have the slave replaced (along with clutch, flex plate ect) used oem parts at dealer and that was such a positive improvement of clutch feel that now I see no need to delete it..

A quick wipe down of engine to go with the new CAI install.
IMG_2257.jpeg

Sound check!

Nicely done. What a mess. Great little cars. Didn't keep mine, as it turns out I needed a bit more room. That trunk opening rendered the trunk useless for a lot of things I needed to haul. This is the car that taught me that oil filter brand choice is a big deal on K/H engines. I experienced valve train noise when using anything but a Kia filter. Good luck with her, nice job bringing it back where it should be.

17-Koup1.jpg

Hitting the rusty bits in the engine with a little black spray paint and or some elbow grease would really go a long way.

Much better thread to read through then I thought it was going to be. Nice work

I'm still at it 🤪
I love the K&N intake, but I never ran it in the hot summer heat as I only installed it last fall. With the A/C on and a 97 degree high humidity outside temperature, the kia felt pretty "boggy".

A quick trip to the Home Depot HVAC section, picked up some reflective radiant heat tape and pipe insulation to insulate the aluminum intake from the engine heat, and specifically the radiator hose that's under an inch from the aluminum intake. I used the heat tape to "smooth" any edges such as the front hood air intake, and enlarged the area by the hood release to allow even air flow into the front hood air intake. And since I do not have the hood liner installed, I bent the K&N heat shield up to seal the top of the intake to the hood.
IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3367.jpeg
IMG_3366.jpeg

The results are extremely positive! The throttle feels alot more responsive under light load and pulls even harder @ WOT with well over 90 degree outside temperatures plus fuel milage has gone up even with the A/C on full blast. I would assume the fuel milage is because I am actually using less throttle because the engine is less "boggy" and more "responsive"
IMG_3208.jpeg

Back