The Jets win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampa's defense just gave the Jets a free one, but we'll take it. Geno Smith looked good today, and gift or not, it will bolster his confidence. The Jets are an 8-8 or 9-6 team as long as Geno continues to progress.

banana2.gif

That was a game they should have lost however. A mistake by one player. But I hope that new qb can replace Mark Sanchez because Sanchez just has not been able to perform in pro football.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
That was a game they should have lost however. A mistake by one player. But I hope that new qb can replace Mark Sanchez because Sanchez just has not been able to perform in pro football.

I did state that Tampa gave it away, but capitalizing on the other team's mistakes is part of winning in the NFL.
If Sanchez had more than one year as a starter at USC, he may have been better prepared for the NFL. He won't make it as a starter, but could be a solid experienced backup.

An incredible amount of effort has to be put into drafting a qb for the NFL. I can remember how Pittsburgh let Dan Marino get away when they had a chance to draft him. Some 1st round draft pick quarterbacks have been incredible failures in pro football. Both San Diego and Oakland should know about that.

There are a few college quarterbacks that were a sure thing for the NFL. Good examples are John Elway and Peyton Manning. But usually it is very difficult to try to determine how a college quarterback will work out in the pros. Denver had their own failure with Tim Tebow. I have no idea why Sanchez has not worked out in the NFL. Maybe he did not play enough in college. Or maybe it is even the fault of coaches.

But then you have free agents like Tony Romo who became a starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. Go figure. The bottom line is you are dealing with human beings. You can measure height and weight and speed in the 40 yard dash. But you can't measure what is inside a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back