The "I'm an idiot" mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you'll never guess what I mixed and threw in my engine. I just had to try something odd...once.

Give you a hint, I'm looking for thick, foamy additive clash. And for fairness...

crushedcar.gif

well the way you posted it. figured you really tried something off the wall.

are you from Shreveport LA? if so air force or native?

quote:

Originally posted by Dark Jedi:

I'm not from Shreveport orig. but not air force. My wife came up here from Natchitoches for med school and we stayed.

Anyway, nothing tooooooo off the wall, just an INTERESTING mix.

quote:

Originally posted by BrianWC:

quote:

Originally posted by Dark Jedi:

I'm not from Shreveport orig. but not air force. My wife came up here from Natchitoches for med school and we stayed.

Anyway, nothing tooooooo off the wall, just an INTERESTING mix.

was wondering as I was stationed there years ago.

hard to guess as what you may think is off the wall others on here might think its perfectly normal
lol.gif
dunno.gif

Okay, we'll end the boredom. No 20W50 ST, but....

-

With a splash of LC 20!

So, we have a 5W20, 5W30, a 5W40, thick goo, and whatever LC 20 may be. We have SOPUS, Castrol, ExMob, and the additives. We have a PCMO dino additive pack, a diesel "synth" additive pack, a PAO's additive pack...and the additives.

I did this after cleaning out the oil pan, so should be no (or less) worries about it making it through the strainer. I checked it today on the dipstick and well, no foam and it doesn't feel too thick, though it does still have a little tacky feel. But if there's no additive clash here, I don't know where it would be. I won't run this a LONG time, but I'll try a few thousand or so.

I've got a similar odd mix in my mother's 94 Aspire. One bottle of CD-2 high performance oil additive, one cup of MMO, one quart of Qs 5w30 winter blend, one quart of conventional Maxlife 5w30 and one quart (or so) of whatever the heck I put in it when I changed it a few months ago, I think I used Tech2000 5w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back