The "I'm an idiot" mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't sound as bad as the brew that was in my '95 K1500 350TBI before I bought it when my brother was driving it.....

Pennz 30HD
Castrol Syntec Blend 5-20
Super Tech 10-30
ValMaxlifeSyn 5-30
Slick "freakin" 50

At least he used a Wix filter.

That doesn't sound too bad at all....you've got a high-quality PAO, and diesel oil for 'cleaning', a thick add for stablility and 'tackiness', and a nice thin oil to balance it all out!

Would LOVE to see a UOA on this mix after some time in there....will prolly protect rather well...if it works, you may start something!

You should dub it the 'Brian Brew'!

I may not use as much Lucas if I ever do it again. That stuff is certainly the consistancy of a bad sinus infection.

The manual states it's fine to use anything up to 60 weight, so hopefully it's not too obscene. If it is, well, I have access to a '92 Sunbird I can drive until I save for a new engine....

But like I said, it's really not THAT thick on the dipstick. AT least there's no Slick 50 in it.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I think some non-detergent oil should be added to round things out.

LOL, isn't that what the Lucas essentially is?
grin.gif

1 part Dexron ATF,
1 part Kerosene - deodorized, K1
1 part Aliphatic Mineral Spirits
1 part Acetone, CAS #67-64-1.
(Optional 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anhydrous, USP per gallon, or OK to substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store)

AKA Ed's Red Gun & Bore Cleaner

quote:

Originally posted by Laminar Lou:
What did that poor car do to you?

Can't wait to see the UOA, unless you are too embarassed to send it to a lab.

Oh, it will go... Although things may be a little off from having my sump removed for a few hours. I guess?

Of course, if you're wondering where I got that crazy mix from....Well, from the stash...now over 100 qts.

-

Both of my cars are currenly running "blends" right now.

One has:
4 qts Rotella T Syn 5w40
1/2qt M1 0w40
7oz VSOT

The other has:
4 quts Rotella TSyn 5w40
3/4qt MotorCraft 5w20.

Both are running strong halfway through a 4K mi OCI

P.S. (the sump capacity is 4.5Qts but I always run them just a hair over full)

FWIW I've talked to a few owner operators who use Lucas oil additive but they put one gallon along with 10 gal 15W-40 in their trucks. They don't start using it until their engines get a little wear on them. If you used the whole quart probably too much, but 1/2 qt. would be about what you should use (close anyway).

Well, I have over 70 k miles so I have a little wear. Seriously though. I don't intend to do this regularly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back