The ignore feature.

Not sure if JT20 is objecting to the approximation of 1/3 or the whole ratio concept, dv/dt and acceleration went /head. Something useful about the calculus.

I have 47642 posts in 20+ years. Around 2300 per year, but that rate has been decelerating the last little bit.

Last edited:
Well I have never used the ignore feature. Never knew there was one. I have however contacted an Administrator about personal attacks on my posts.

I doubt I will use it now. I am quite tolerant and not easily upset.

I have a lot of posts too I’ve been here since August and had a week vacation at one point too in September lol (learned the hard way it’s important to reply to PMs). I don’t have anyone on ignore I don’t like using that feature even though at times I have felt the need to do it temporary. I’m sure I’m probably on some too 😂. But I try not too post too much off topic or anything. JT20 you don’t bother me too much lol I enjoy your posts.

I have a lot of posts too I’ve been here since August and had a week vacation at one point too in September lol (learned the hard way it’s important to reply to PMs). I don’t have anyone on ignore I don’t like using that feature even though at times I have felt the need to do it temporary. I’m sure I’m probably on some too 😂. But I try not too post too much off topic or anything. JT20 you don’t bother me too much lol I enjoy your posts.

He's out of the room, I assume probably temporarily. He's been here before many, MANY times and this is a common theme unfortunately. Though I will say it took him a lot longer this time around to go completely off the rails. I do believe there was hope this time that with accommodations made as well as I assume rules and guidelines laid out clearly in advance that he'd be able to participate normally. I don't think anyone wants him to fail, he's his own worst enemy which I'm sure you've seen glimpses of with respect to not following advice, spending money on things he can't afford and not being able to rationally follow-through basic process.

I would have thought maybe at some point I have might been a bit annoying too when I first started here. Probably drove some folks nuts with the questions I had... :) . Though over time I have learned a bunch here, and try to give back when I can.

It does get a little crazy here sometimes, but there are many great folks on here........

We all see certain posts out their from the same people they are 🔥🐮 :poop:. When I see one its easy I skip it. Seems painless enough. We all should have enough between our ears to get past this!
Well, since we added “like” and “wow” and like “HaHa - like wow” - there is lots of carpet bombing on the site. Then we have advertising … then we have folks who carry long lists of cars, oil, filters (have 5, no list) …
Slice or dice - all this kills space we navigate in.
So my point was (and I only do it temporarily) it’s a great way to find serious subjects when that is desired … not a needle in a haystack …

Well, since we added “like” and “wow” and like “HaHa - like wow” - there is lots of carpet bombing on the site. Then we have advertising … then we have folks who carry long lists of cars, oil, filters (have 5, no list) …
So my point was (and I only do it temporarily) it’s a great way to find serious subjects when that is desired … not a needle in a haystack …

Yup, the ignore should kill all of it.

You shouldn't see their quotes, the signatures, and the replies and "likes" should not run it up the forum sort.

Reactions: 4WD
Regarding signatures, you can go into your Preferences and uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages".

For me, Ignore is in the mind

Post usually show when someone quotes the "ignored" user - not sure how it works on this board but if you find it useful.. go ahead.

Signatures don't show up on mobile so, if people have some nonsense in theirs then that just automatically doesn't show as well.

Back