The ignore feature.

Okay, so I'm using the ignore feature but it only "ignores" (hides) a person's post (their comment/text) ? That's not ignoring the user.... I still see their avatar and username, message count, and (excessively long) signature. Why can't it hide everything ?

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm using the ignore feature but it only "ignores" (hides) a person's post ? That's not ignoring the user.... I still see their avatar and username, message count, and (excessively long) signature. Why can't it hide everything ?

See what i mean.

FWIW, it seems to me that i only see that stuff when its the last post in the thread, and then only sometimes, i haven't figured out exactly what triggers it...

However if you click on a thread that says the last post is "ignored member" there is a good chance you will see that...

Last edited:
See what i mean.

FWIW, it seems to me that i only see that stuff when its the last post in the thread, and then only sometimes, i haven't figured out exactly what triggers it...

However if you click on a thread that says the last post is "ignored member" there is a good chance you will see that...

Is it a collapsible window?

Every board I've seen that has Ignore, the ignored user's post is in a collapsed box and asks you if you want to view it.

Ooops, I didn't see your post (no, I'm not ignoring you) and I asked exactly the same thing ! 😁
This does appear to be the case. Or, it's fixed now 'cause it's working... ;)

Some of the signs of ignore are when users like posts that address the ignored user (in which they can probably see what is said,) when you never get a DIRECT reply no matter what you do, and when the Start Conversation box is grayed out.

So.. If they ignored you, forget they exist.

Its basically a UBB version of Block on a phone.

Is it a collapsible window?

Every board I've seen that has Ignore, the ignored user's post is in a collapsed box and asks you if you want to view it.

sometimes it is, when it’s in a quote here or in the instance being discussed it is, but that’s something to do with how it’s implemented here. On other boards with zenforo (as I said in my first post) ignored people are gone... the only indication is that there is a little link at the bottom of the page that says “show ignored content”.

sometimes it is, when it’s in a quote here or in the instance being discussed it is, but that’s something to do with how it’s implemented here. On other boards with zenforo (as I said in my first post) ignored people are gone... the only indication is that there is a little link at the bottom of the page that says “show ignored content”.

Hmmmmm.

If the way it functions changes.. that is.. interesting.

Maybe the change or code is still being implemented on the server side or working its way through. I do not exactly know!

Back