The ignore feature.

So the ignore here seems to be set on "stun" if a user is ignored you still see their likes and if they are quoted. I visit another site on the same software where they are GONE... it is as if they do not exist. no likes, no quotes - gone... in fact if they post a new thread the WHOLE THREAD is gone...

Can we get at least the option to set the ignore feature to "kill".?

I just ignored you, went back to the topic list (in General Board Information) and this thread didn't appear. Looks like it's working like you want it to (for me).

I just ignored you, went back to the topic list (in General Board Information) and this thread didn't appear. Looks like it's working like you want it to (for me).
yep i tested it out and it works like that for me too.

You see a blurb about poster being ignored. It is funny that over 20+ years and many different boards, I had to come here to find the one and only person who has earned the right to be ignored by me. I speculate I am not the only one that ignores him. K

You see a blurb about poster being ignored. It is funny that over 20+ years and many different boards, I had to come here to find the one and only person who has earned the right to be ignored by me. I speculate I am not the only one that ignores him. K
Funny, same here. One person in over 20 years of forums across various interests and vehicles is here. It works well but you do see that they have commented or have been quoted but good enough for me.

I've never understood being so intolerant that you have to ignore someone...

It has nothing to do with tolerance. Like most I come here for enjoyment and relaxation. If someone has established themselves as a dufus or a pot stirrer they can be ignored. I wish more members would use the feature, it would certainly curtail some of the bickering that goes on.

That said, I have been here for over 10 years and I have a whopping 4 people on ignore.

For me, the ignore feature saves me the time and mental effort of reading a post, preparing mentally to respond, and then realizing OH it is "that one person" and then spinning down instead of responding- since I rarely read the poster's name first, the quoting feature usually takes care of that for me.

And for me, it's only one person as well.

As for intolerance, it's not the opinions that bother me. It's the lack of respect for all other opinions, and their holders.

Maybe there should be a board algorithm that just automatically bans someone when they get 20 or more "ignores". :D
Absolutely not. Then you get trolls practiced in setting up multiple accounts to leverage that to abuse the feature, or when the topic is controversial like politics, packs of rabid extremists trying to censor others. Granted that's something that occurs far more on some other sites.

I know for a fact the ignore on this software can be extremely aggressive, I'm not sure why it isn't implemented that way.

Frankly, if you've spewed sufficient ignorance to make it to my ignore list then I don't care if you "like" it or not. I mean if you admitted to stealing auto parts and lying about it when customers came back, do I need to know if you "like" something? No - particularly if you are so indiscriminate that you would likely "like" a thread about someones dog (or grandmother) passing away. How about if you asked how to defraud Audi on a corrosion warranty claim? Nope don't need that either.

After many years of being on different types of message forums,BITOG is the only one I have found the ignore feature useful and it's for one individual.

It has nothing to do with tolerance. Like most I come here for enjoyment and relaxation. If someone has established themselves as a dufus or a pot stirrer they can be ignored. I wish more members would use the feature, it would certainly curtail some of the bickering that goes on.

That said, I have been here for over 10 years and I have a whopping 4 people on ignore.
This 100%

Back