The Hypocrisy of Youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10/mis...s/?intcmp=hpbt3
(video is safe for work)

Here is a perfect example of the ignorance and arrogance of academic youth. They can even be heard chanting "Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Reporters have got to go!" Really? Ironic, is it not, that they would use recordings sent out via social media to broadcast their efforts to oust the University president, but then deny 1st Amendment rights for others trying to record the event.

These students want to have their "privacy", albeit they are in a very public place. They claim they have "rights" to not be photographed at their discretion. They want to push the reporter out of the way and displace him from the scene.

OTOH - how many times do we see today's youth shove a cell-phone camera in a cop's face, taunting and screaming at them? How many times do we see youthful people trying to shove their way into some scene, to record the (real or imagined) wrong doing?

SCOTUS law has clearly defined the right of all public persons being able to record anything in a public place. And while these students would scream and shout for their "right" to record an officer, they want to resist (by force, pushing and shoving and grabbing the reporter) any attempt of someone else to record them.

Webster's new definition of Hypocrisy: see Student Demonstrator

Last edited:
This is what the political correctness has yielded. A soft populace who only wants to hear their own echo.

You can blame this on our entire education system, which has become one giant left wing indoctrination...

I think it's hilarious watching the Left turning on itself. It's only going to get better.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I think it's hilarious watching the Left turning on itself. It's only going to get better.
the only problem is the collateral damage that will take the rest of us with it...

I understand the temptation to bring Politics into this, but we all need to resist that urge.

I am commenting on the hypocrisy of many (mostly youthful people) who would decry tsar-like oppression, but then inflict that very sense of exclusion when it fits their cause.

I am patently pro-Constituion. Not politics, but the rights of every individual to be recognized by all. We all have rights, but our rights don't usurp others' rights. So the "rule of law" is supposed to be how we manage ourselves. Sadly, that is a fading concept with each generation.

What sense of complete and utter dichotomy does one possess to think they should be able to record a police officer in his/her duties, but then completely shut out others recording them? If you have read my other threads, you'd know that I am in favor of LEOs having dash-cam and body cameras; they help protect both the cops and the citizens.

But that same sense of recording public officials also extends to recording people in public. It is the equal application of the law; the 1st Amendment is well-defined by SCOTUS in this manner.

I just marvel at that seemingly boundless ignorance and arrogance of youth.

Last edited:
This is the product of youth coming of age. They are getting the beginnings of an education. They have a vague understanding of the law and what their rights may be, and they are trying to apply what they are learning in an inappropriate way.
To attribute this to political leanings really is equally ignorant. This is the impetuousness of youth at play.

It's the same thing on most every issue. Do as I say not as I do.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: salv
This is the product of youth coming of age. They are getting the beginnings of an education. They have a vague understanding of the law and what their rights may be, and they are trying to apply what they are learning in an inappropriate way.
To attribute this to political leanings really is equally ignorant. This is the impetuousness of youth at play.

Students likely had nothing to do with starting this thing. And that doesn't explain the university quickly submitting to the nonsense. The correct action to combat the "impetuousness" would be to revoke any athlete's scholarship who didn't want to play football anymore. Fire coaches that didn't show up to coach. Fire instructors that didn't show up for class. Etc.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I understand the temptation to bring Politics into this, but we all need to resist that urge.

I am commenting on the hypocrisy of many (mostly youthful people) who would decry tsar-like oppression, but then inflict that very sense of exclusion when it fits their cause.

I am patently pro-Constituion. Not politics, but the rights of every individual to be recognized by all. We all have rights, but our rights don't usurp others' rights. So the "rule of law" is supposed to be how we manage ourselves. Sadly, that is a fading concept with each generation.

What sense of complete and utter dichotomy does one possess to think they should be able to record a police officer in his/her duties, but then completely shut out others recording them? If you have read my other threads, you'd know that I am in favor of LEOs having dash-cam and body cameras; they help protect both the cops and the citizens.

But that same sense of recording public officials also extends to recording people in public. It is the equal application of the law; the 1st Amendment is well-defined by SCOTUS in this manner.

I just marvel at that seemingly boundless ignorance and arrogance of youth.

Maybe some students possess "boundless ignorance and arrogance", but not all. I'm auditing The Cold War, taught by John Gaddis, at Yale University this fall. The students are exceptionally disciplined, intelligent and well mannered. I sit next to a current 21 year US Marine also auditing the course. He too has commented on the student's high intellect, commitment and determination. Being with these kids is encouraging to say the least.

Many involved in this are university STAFF. SO much for your attempt at "justification".

Students likely had nothing to do with starting this thing. And that doesn't explain the university quickly submitting to the nonsense. The correct action to combat the "impetuousness" would be to revoke any athlete's scholarship who didn't want to play football anymore. Fire coaches that didn't show up to coach. Fire instructors that didn't show up for class. Etc.
THAT would get the leftys screaming.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Many involved in this are university STAFF. SO much for your attempt at "justification".

Not attempting to justify anything. I am just explaining what I see as a driving force behind a lot of this nonsense.
I see no reason for anyone to be as passionate about these things as they are. This is an internal matter for the institution to handle, not a rallying cry for the nation to stand up, get angry, and become further polarized.
People need to relax and take a rational look at the situation. Feelings and beliefs need to be set aside. Emotional reactions are the enemy of rational thought, and rational thought is the only relevant thought. Everything else is just noise.

The "revolution" is eating its young. Wait until they start telling each other to shut up.

To attribute this to political leanings really is equally ignorant.

Not at all. The left by nature is hypocritical. They claim to be one thing or way or another, until the very thing they claim goes against their agenda, and then all of a sudden, they're against the very thing they claimed they were (or were not, whatever the case may be)...take free speech for example...the left always claims they are all for free speech, until that speech disagrees with their view on something, then they want to shut down that free speech...

Originally Posted By: grampi
You can blame this on our entire education system, which has become one giant left wing indoctrination...
Taught by "professors" who were passed over for private sector jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back