The hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have over 100 qts of GC m03/m04 yet I have and urge to try to go find more. All this while my home finances are is shambles as I recover from knee surgery and haven't worked for a month.

Am I crazy?

Tell me about it, have two kids in college, living from pay check to pay check. I was in Auto Zone this morning and found 3 qts (M04) and bought it. Heck I don't even use this oil in anything and still bought it, but I now have three green trophies to show off. I guess the hunt is on to find some more so I can do an oil change in one of my vehicles. I do like to hunt though. LOL

Jim

Guys,

The Elves are enormously pleased that you appreciate their handiwork, but they asked me to encourage you to use your head when following your heart.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by slickfisher:
....Am I crazy?

Yes, you've lost it; you should immediately send all of your GC to me. I can assure you that it will be used ONLY in a VW 1.8T. pm me for my mailing address.
wink.gif

Hey, send it to me! I'll PAY you for it. Just don't get ridiculous with the price. You can feel good knowing you helped someone who thus far has only found four quarts of The Green (1 M02 and 3 M03) only as recently as today, while at the same time putting some coin back into your pocket.

Pscholte,
I'm curious, have you bought all of the green stuff in Colorado Springs? If so, let me know so I don't waste my time checking the autozones.

It has been about four weeks since I bought...but the AZs on Austin Bluffs and on Powers near Palmer Park had green the last I checked...the one on 8th street hasn't had anything but Gold for probably over a month. Hope you strike the mother lode.

The nice thing about living in the desert is no one uses 0w30. They use 40's, 50's and 10w30's. Every qt. at the AZ here stays on the shelf until I buy them. Just wait for the sales and I load up. Life is good. Green, green, the grass is green on the far side of the sand.....

I rode through the desert in a car with no name
It's so good to get out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
And there ain't no one to get GC off your brain.

La...da...dadadada...la...dada...da..da

The hunting season open, found 6 more qts. yesterday. Now I just have to decide what to run it in, 95 Jeep GC with the 5.2 or the 2000 Impala with the 3.4.

Jim

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

nicely done
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by nascarnation:

quote:

nicely done
cheers.gif

TNX very much.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

....Am I crazy?

Yes, you've lost it; you should immediately send all of your GC to me. I can assure you that it will be used ONLY in a VW 1.8T. pm me for my mailing address.
wink.gif

grin.gif

Well if I don't get back to work soon I may have to get rid of some of it to pay the light bill. What's worse is I've got a fairly quick VW 1.8T with nearly a full tank of Sunoco GT (100 unleaded) in her and I can't drive her.
dunno.gif

quote:

...I've got a fairly quick VW 1.8T with nearly a full tank of Sunoco GT (100 unleaded) in her and I can't drive her.
dunno.gif

Well, as Emmylou Harris said (OK...sort of said), "It's so sad to watch good gas go bad."

i'm also in colorado springs location (live in black forest).. As of TODAY I am officially an elf man. Bought my first 13 quarts today, i'll start using em in my next oil changes to see how things go.

found 2 greens at the palmer park/powers store. (M04s). was a little disapointed in only 2, so went down to the platte/boulder store, found 6 more greens, (4 MO3s, 2 M04s). Then was up at my bank later and realized I was near another zone and found 5 more greens (all M04) on austin bluffs.

I had to dig deep at all of the stores, non of the greens were up front.

I could tell that the stocks must not get rotated correctly, there were M01 stocks in the back of every stores stash. I'm assuming the "01" is older, right? (like, from 2001?)... anyhoo, the MO1 bottles didn't look green, and didn't say anything about germany on them, so I left em alone, i'm assuming if it doesn't say it, it aint german castrol.

You are right...if it isn't red label 02 or later it isn't GC...one more store you might want to try is on South Academy but I can't remember the nearest cross street as they had a bunch of Green a few months ago...I suspect the Green supply in the Springs is getting near its end...

quote:

You are right...if it isn't red label 02 or later it isn't GC...one more store you might want to try is on South Academy but I can't remember the nearest cross street as they had a bunch of Green a few months ago...I suspect the Green supply in the Springs is getting near its end...

Except at your house!
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Except at your house!
tongue.gif

Pat,

You always get to the heart of things..yea, verily it is so...there are massive quantities in the vault especially built for me by dwarvish friends of the Elves...
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back