The honeymoon is over

Get yourself a beverage and something to munch on. 5.5yrs and 60k after buying the barely used SE Camry, I had to fix the results of deferred maintenance. A sticky caliper slide caused the outer pad to wear prematurely and I couldn't hear the the warning. Plus both cars needed the tires rotated. Step 1: Google how to raise 2016 Camry.Turns out, there are notches in the tupperware rockers that are engineered lift points on the pinch weld. Front,center and rear. Center is under the B pillar. That's the one for a 2post lift. Perfect for my Pittsburg 3ton low profile floor jack.and a few 6" 4x4s. It took a good part of late Sat afternoon to get it into the shade I gathered a pair of cement blocks and some wood that I use instead of jack stands. I raised the car high enough to lift both wheels. Wheels are a 16" steels with General snow tires. My wife prefers their ride to the 17s that came on it. I came in to hydrate and looked at how to do the rear brakes on a 2016. Camry It was time well spent. Everything I did took way longer than the video. The lady was a pro and she had all her stuff prepared, I had to find tools I hadnt seen in awhile. All I did Sunday was to rotate the tires and lube the slides on the RR. Pads and rotors were fine. I am impressed with the way Camry does things

Camry's of that generation are easy to work on especially the brakes.
For the most part, PCV valve is a big pain but it’s not something you’ll replace everyday. Overall, a big reason I got a Camry 2.5. A 4 cylinder in an engine bay designed around a V6 leaves you with actual room to work unlike many other modern sedans.

A sticky caliper slide caused the outer pad to wear prematurely and I couldn't hear the the warning.
Hmm, i have a new rav4 and when i back up i will here a click when stepping on the brakes for the first time. if i back up more and tap the brakes it doesn't. then after going forward and breaking and once again into reverse the click is back.

Is a pad loose? missing a retention spring? Or did the factory fail to lube the caliper slide? thoughst?

Sounds like the pads are loose enough to have some back and forth slop which is actually a good thing. I've heard that on a few vehicles.

Get yourself a beverage and something to munch on. 5.5yrs and 60k after buying the barely used SE Camry, I had to fix the results of deferred maintenance. A sticky caliper slide caused the outer pad to wear prematurely and I couldn't hear the the warning. Plus both cars needed the tires rotated. Step 1: Google how to raise 2016 Camry.Turns out, there are notches in the tupperware rockers that are engineered lift points on the pinch weld. Front,center and rear. Center is under the B pillar. That's the one for a 2post lift. Perfect for my Pittsburg 3ton low profile floor jack.and a few 6" 4x4s. It took a good part of late Sat afternoon to get it into the shade I gathered a pair of cement blocks and some wood that I use instead of jack stands. I raised the car high enough to lift both wheels. Wheels are a 16" steels with General snow tires. My wife prefers their ride to the 17s that came on it. I came in to hydrate and looked at how to do the rear brakes on a 2016. Camry It was time well spent. Everything I did took way longer than the video. The lady was a pro and she had all her stuff prepared, I had to find tools I hadnt seen in awhile. All I did Sunday was to rotate the tires and lube the slides on the RR. Pads and rotors were fine. I am impressed with the way Camry does things
Its a Toyota. My brother is obsessed with Toyotas.
Why?
He owns like 15 of them.

• Haha
Reactions: JC1