The Heat is on

Originally Posted by 77Se7en
The secret to stop increased USA-warming is really no secret. If heat is worsening in the California region - as depicted above, it's due to the removal of forests, due to hundreds forest fires over the past couple decades.

Billions of trees that used to be inside our country, need to be replanted. Shade America again and USA-warming will go bye-bye. Shade America again and the water shortage will cease.

There are thicker forests today than 150years ago. The Ice age ended about 15,000 years ago.

Seems to be pretty average around here, high 80's to low 90's, moderate humidity. Problem is those temps have been sustained and we haven't gotten a break in a couple weeks like we normally would. Usually we got a hot spell then it will cool off for a couple/few days and rain. A little uncomfortably hot, but the worst is still to come. We'll get a few days where it'll be close to 100 and with the humidity it's awful.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
This will be a real test on how COVID is affected by heat in Texas. Currently running high in daily case count. A sharp reduction may show something.
We aren't supposed to talk about COVID here, but heat has absolutely no effect on it.

Arizona is #1 in the world right now for it, and we've been 110+ for weeks here. Hotter than anywhere else in the country will ever see.

Should see 110 by 2p

IMG_20200712_113156.jpg

2 weeks ago, my son and 6 others were playing golf at Furnace Creek Golf Course, the lowest on earth 214 ft below sea level, see pics:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g13547698-d117503-Reviews-Furnace_Creek_Golf_Course-Furnace_Creek_Death_Valley_National_Park_Inyo_County_C.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=51231026

Went to 120F, but 3% humidity. Began at 7:30 ended at 1:30. In those 6 hours they went thru 2 cases (48 bottles?) of water, but not one golfer aged 13 to 74 went to the bathroom. No sweat, very tolerable.

It's summer, big deal.

Sorry, link is not a clicky.
blush.gif

Every golfer had their lowest golf game ever................
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by gfh77665
100F and 80% humidity. 115-120 index. Texas summer. Yawn.

Yep.

That's really not too hot compared to Phoenix or Las Vegas.

I'd take 110 and 15% humidity all day every day over 100 and 70%+ humidity. Dry heat is so much more comfortable.

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Yep.

That's really not too hot compared to Phoenix or Las Vegas.

I'd take 110 and 15% humidity all day every day over 100 and 70%+ humidity. Dry heat is so much more comfortable.

+1 The same applies to indoors temps. I'm able to use one 10K (supplemented by a second 6K) window AC unit for ~800 ft^ 2 because it can JUST keep up with temp rise on this 85F day, but reduces humidity nicely.

I'm sitting almost chilly in my living room (my son has a blanket on him) @ 79.1F and 38% RH.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Here is that magical 100 F degrees F everyone talks about. Be cool.

Yup! I've got a few more days in the triple digits before it cools off to the low to mid 90's. Of course, THIS is the week my Burb's AC decides to go out.
cry.gif
lol.gif

Last edited:

Agree. Normal here this time of year.

Was crazy hot for a few days....back down to 84 today. Should see a few more days in the 80s before we see at least 90 degrees every day until the end of the month.

Been told this is going to be the hottest 3-4 weeks we have seen in a long while. Multiple 100s for MI as well.....

There were at least three new high temp records for July. New July records occurred in Amarillo 110 F, Lubbock 111, San Antonio 107. For the UFO guys, Roswell, New Mexico had 5 days of at least 110 F, a new record. 😡:alien:

The secret to stop increased USA-warming is really no secret. If heat is worsening in the California region - as depicted above, it's due to the removal of forests, due to hundreds forest fires over the past couple decades.
Billions of trees that used to be inside our country, need to be replanted. Shade America again and USA-warming will go bye-bye. Shade America again and the water shortage will cease.

I like that, "Shade America Again"...isn't that an official slogan of some society? Should be.

Probably the biggest factor is that we are still emerging from the Little Ice Age, so higher temperatures are to be expected. Not much we can do about it, though more shade trees certainly couldn't hurt.

The Amazons are a big part of the air filtration system of the world . Then there's the Great Ocean currents . Act as a radiator .

Back