The GrillBot. Scratch my head story of the day.

Are we really getting so lazy that we cannot brush clean a grill after use anymore?

I just saw the commercials for this GrillBot today. Charge it up and put it on your grill to clean. Presumably everyone knows to wait until the grill is cold, otherwise you will have a mass of molten plastic to deal with.

Maybe I’m getting too old?

Then you have to manually clean the dirty grill bot afterward. That might be even more work than cleaning your own grill manually.

Good point. In the commercial I saw they had the brushes in a dishwasher with a glass covering them. I’m not sure that is a good idea.

Good point. In the commercial I saw they had the brushes in a dishwasher with a glass covering them. I’m not sure that is a good idea.
You need to wash the body of the grill bot and you probably can't throw the whole thing in dish washer. It has electronics and charging port. Didn't say water proof.

My friend. I mean I barely know the guy, he throws his George Foreman Grill into a sink filled with soapy water. And I do mean the whole grill and not just the drip tray. ⚡⚡⚡

Not once did that video show that thing cleaning a grill that was actually in need of cleaning. Pretty telling for how well it works.

Are we really getting so lazy that we cannot brush clean a grill after use anymore?

I just saw the commercials for this GrillBot today. Charge it up and put it on your grill to clean. Presumably everyone knows to wait until the grill is cold, otherwise you will have a mass of molten plastic to deal with.

I'm gonna start bbq'ing again. Inherited a Sears Kenmore BBQ from elderly parents. Converting it to ceramic briquettes (had lava stone). Seems decent... total 50,000 BTUs an hour, comprising two burners + a side burner and c/w cover. Perhaps more sentimental value than economics... but it is in good nick, as the Brits would say.

Sorry, to my points:. i) I always stink of BBQ after bbq'ing (so I don an old tee shirt at least, prior); and ii) cleaning a grill... it usually spits grease back at me (so a BBQ apron may have merit).

Does anyone else get similarly afflicted?

Metal bristles are a REALLY BAD idea-people have died from ingesting them!
This is what made go look for something different. I posted this a couple years ago here, it's spendy but it works better than any other grill brush I ever used.

Americas test kitchen tested one of these recently and found out that it missed alot and didn't clean well.

stupid product ads.
they show young women on anti age creams.
they show thin people on weight reduction gadgets.
they show lightweight china plastic toy that bounces inside your grill and pretends to clean anything.
it tickles the top side of grid. bottom stays untouched.

Last edited:

You gotta quit watching those late-night TV adds.

Back