The Green Oil - Has been Trademarked! But not by Castrol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by boone88rr:
Blasphemy

Hardly. Kendall GT-1 was "green oil" long before Castrol even thought about (or was capable of making) Formula SLX aka "GC." And unlike GC, which has a green hue to it depending on how the light hits it, BradPenn/Kendall is clear green the way ATF is clear red.

BradPenn's current line of racing oils are a continuation of the original Kendall GT-1 line. The Kendal name was sold to Phillips Petroleum several years ago and is now marketed as one of the ConnocoPhillips brands of oils.

Here in Atlanta, I can't find Kendall at any auto parts store. It used to be everywhere.
frown.gif

This Penn Grade 1 racing oil, I didn't know was being refined at the original Kendall facility.

Where to buy it
confused.gif
dunno.gif

Any advice on either guys?

quote:

Originally posted by kanling:
Brad Penn Racing Oil: API Service Grade SJ.

Nice.
rolleyes.gif

Yes, very nice. For a racing oil, that's exactly what you'd want. SJ levels of ZDDP in a good quality base oil.

quote:

Originally posted by ULVER:
Here in Atlanta, I can't find Kendall at any auto parts store. It used to be everywhere.
frown.gif

This Penn Grade 1 racing oil, I didn't know was being refined at the original Kendall facility.

Where to buy it
confused.gif
dunno.gif

Kendall is just another brand marketed by ConnocoPhillips now. If you want the same oil that used to be Kendall, you need to get BradPenn.

Go to their web site and use the contact form to ask where the nearest distributor is to you that carries their oil. That's what I did.

I used to use Kendall GT-1 and loved the fact that it was green, but I will be honest I don't believe it was/is as good as some other non-synthetics, Castrol GTX for one, and pre-Shell Pennzoil for another.

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by boone88rr:
Blasphemy

Hardly. Kendall GT-1 was "green oil" long before Castrol even thought about (or was capable of making) Formula SLX aka "GC." And unlike GC, which has a green hue to it depending on how the light hits it, BradPenn/Kendall is clear green the way ATF is clear red.

BradPenn's current line of racing oils are a continuation of the original Kendall GT-1 line. The Kendal name was sold to Phillips Petroleum several years ago and is now marketed as one of the ConnocoPhillips brands of oils.

*Yawn* Who cares, it's all about the GC!

quote:

Originally posted by bluengold:
*Yawn* Who cares, it's all about the GC!

Yeah, I know. They ought to rename this forum the "Green Kool-Aid" forum.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by ULVER:
frown.gif

Where to buy it
confused.gif
dunno.gif

Kendall is just another brand marketed by ConnocoPhillips now. If you want the same oil that used to be Kendall, you need to get BradPenn.

Go to their web site and use the contact form to ask where the nearest distributor is to you that carries their oil. That's what I did.

I have left the BradPenn folks two e-mails, asking how to purchase their motor oil. No reply after a week.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back