The Green and the Gold and $3.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to propose a couple of things:

(1) That we do a conscientious job of keeping each other informed about reduced pricing on the Elixer so that everyone has a good chance of getting "a deal." So far, I think that is being done, but to formalize the commitment...
(2) My buddies in Green are still being coy about the 05 batch, but they are sending me a whole bunch of material (in German, of course) that indicates why Gold is currently a good investment...hm-m-m-m. If you think about it, if the 05 batch would not be called "brown," what color might then be assigned to it? Maybe "gold?" It fits the pattern...German Castrol...Green Castrol...Gold Castrol...works for me.

This sounds like an excellent idea.
cool.gif

Gold is such a common term. I'd go with gilded. A much less common term, fitting of a much less commonly available oil.

First of all (as with gold and green) the alliteration is there. Secondly, I think these definitions fit the '05 German Castrol, although some UOA's may prove the second to be false.

-having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
-rich and superior in quality

Thirdly, doesn't 'gilded' sound elfish?

Actually, gold is fine. I'm just bored.

How about G alactic Castrol! Since it makes my car feel out of this world, and those who can't find it seem to think it's not of this world!

rcy and axjohn ,

Both are clever ideas...if die Herren im der Schwarzewald don't press an opinion, then it falls into our hands to decide.

Gold?

I hope this seemingly newer '05 Brown formulation(have read some threads given "bad raps" on already)won't be called...the(Fools)Gold Castrol.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
Gold?

I hope this seemingly newer '05 Brown formulation(have read some threads given "bad raps" on already)won't be called...the(Fools)Gold Castrol.
frown.gif

I agree.......We need some UOA's on the '05 batch....come on BITOGers
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:
Wait, so, I just now started getting an itch to try The Green, and now y'all are saying they are switching formulas to a "still very good but not as good" oil???
banghead.gif

Please correct my if I'm wrong

You are correct....sort of.....GC is NOT green anymore, but how good it is has yet to be determined. Only UOA's of the '05 batch will tell.

Oh ok thanks. It's just that...to me...the green signified, or rather, symbolized (in part) the mystique and magic behinds it's performance...and it somehow just wont seem the same. But, again, that's just me and I've never used it so what do I know
pat.gif

I guess the fact that it was green gave you that warm fuzzy feeling inside, and pouring in a bottle of the brown (or gold) just seems like regular oil...isn't that not what (partially)separated GC from everything else?...aside obviously from its performance
confused.gif

quote:

Oh ok thanks. It's just that...to me...the green signified, or rather, symbolized (in part) the mystique and magic behinds it's performance...and it somehow just wont seem the same. But, again, that's just me and I've never used it so what do I know
pat.gif

I guess the fact that it was green gave you that warm fuzzy feeling inside, and pouring in a bottle of the brown (or gold) just seems like regular oil...isn't that not what (partially)separated GC from everything else?...aside obviously from its performance
confused.gif

I agree. The novelty of GC when it was green was fun, but for me, the "magic" is gone. I have the green, '03 vintage GC in my engine now & one more oil change worth. After I use it all, I'll probably just start buying my synthetic oil based on price.

Now, I simply view GC as another top-shelf, expensive synthetic oil. I certainly won't go out my way to buy it anymore, unless a VOA, combined with a UOA proves the '05 GC to still be something special.

If GC had stayed green, I would have continually sought it out. Sorry elves.

quote:

Lol...03 vintage, huh. Sounds sort of like, a fine wine or something. Which I'm sure the elves would love to hear about their elixer being referred to as a "fine wine"
wink.gif

In all fairness, this is not a new concept...if you can find some of my old posts (like maybe Aug of '03 and later) you will see that I've been associating the Elixer of Lime Lubricity with fine wine for a long time.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back