The great oil harvest of 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
CIC - you should not view anyones comments as contemp for your deals, no one is being forced to view/read on here. My point and others seem to agree is that this is the sub forum for "rebates, sales and promotions," a new thread is meant to point out a new deal that someone else may also be able to buy, not to just say "hey look what i got!"
I think myself and others even enjoy seeing some photos etc of peoples massive buys. But to just randomly insert them into the middle of a current thread on a deal for no real reason just makes everything harder to search and could be easily kept manageable if we had a sub Forum "Hauls" or whatever the Mods want to make it. Also guys get upset when people are basically just bragging but then refuse to list where they got it at and then prevent someone else who may live near them from getting in on it or even going to look.
Not everyone has a lifestyle that allows them to sit on brickseak or WM. com checking frequently all day to be able to get such great deals as you have, I for one work a ton and look to this sub forum to get myself a deal quickly when I can go make multiple shopping trips.

CharlesInCharge

CIC - you should not view anyones comments as contemp for your deals, no one is being forced to view/read on here. My point and others seem to agree is that this is the sub forum for "rebates, sales and promotions," a new thread is meant to point out a new deal that someone else may also be able to buy, not to just say "hey look what i got!"
I think myself and others even enjoy seeing some photos etc of peoples massive buys. But to just randomly insert them into the middle of a current thread on a deal for no real reason just makes everything harder to search and could be easily kept manageable if we had a sub Forum "Hauls" or whatever the Mods want to make it. Also guys get upset when people are basically just bragging but then refuse to list where they got it at and then prevent someone else who may live near them from getting in on it or even going to look.
Not everyone has a lifestyle that allows them to sit on brickseak or WM. com checking frequently all day to be able to get such great deals as you have, I for one work a ton and look to this sub forum to get myself a deal quickly when I can go make multiple shopping trips.

@XCIDMigs
Go re-read posts #3, 4, 5, and 10 on this discussion.

I started this is a general discussion thread, and I did not put this discussion in the current Products/Rebates/Deals thread and I even objected to it being here as it would clutter up the thread.

I have also repeatedly tried to encourage folks on where to find deals, including giving you directly the 5 SKU numbers for these products. You don't have to "sit on Brickseek or WM.com all day." You hit refresh on your screen once per 5 hours, a whopping 15 second time commitment. You can do it sitting on the can or walking to your car.

Its' no more bragging, than folks who list/talk about their $100,000 supercars on the forum. Or lavish houses, or other extravagants. I'm not in a position to buy a $150,000 vehicle. Should I view it with contempt when someone else posts that they can buy a supercar??

What you view as "bragging" is to the contrary, actually very helpful. Photos are for the doubters "No you didn't."

I learned about these deals on this forum. I learned about Brickseek on this forum. There are a few folks here like @OilMagnate and @GON and @That John dude who were/are instrumental to helping people like me find incredible oil deals which ultimately help me maintain several vehicles and save money doing it.
Preach. Most of us know who the bragger was. One particularly. "Kitty" as I like to call him. He thoroughly enjoyed stepping on my toes IRL. But since he's not here to defend himself, I'll take the high road and not talk about his character.

There are times where I can understand being labeled as bragging, I'll admit. But my purpose is to inform and actually *prove* I can put my money where my mouth is, something my old adversary could rarely do. It was always "manager specials" from one of his buddies so he could flip it or haggle his mechanic. Then when asked how he did it, the answer was essentially 'saying the right things and knowing the right people.' Talk the talk...

Others will have a hard time replicating that. I post to prove YOU can replicate the deal. Sorry if my photo proof of a bargain offends you, but I walk the walk.

@CharlesInCharge - I appreciate the shout out. I'll enlighten you to a few that I owe a 'thank you' to for their contributions: @JonnyAbs, @Jackson_Slugger, @Warstud, @blufeb95, @oilhoarder, and even @tenderloin when he would post ads back in the day. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few...

This struck me rather heavily as odd. I thought about it for several minutes and realized something...I've only bought one "clearance" deal from AutoZone. If I bought anything else from AutoZone, I absolutely can't remember.
Autozone prices tend to be so bad I still keep an eye out for any kind of near free-after-rebate item (like they did with a tire cleaner a while back) just so I can use up a $15 AZ gift card collecting dust.

Autozone prices tend to be so bad I still keep an eye out for any kind of near free-after-rebate item (like they did with a tire cleaner a while back) just so I can use up a $15 AZ gift card collecting dust.
yeah I am not an AZ fan. All of their % Off deals are for like $100+. And their rewards program is crap. It only counts on purchases above $20.

I much prefer Advance Auto. Napa around me is also kinda crap with a crappy rewards system. And Pep Boys is going the way of the dodo.

I'm glad I don't stock up on oil. I guess it would all have to go in the lawn mower or someone else's car. 🤷

yeah I am not an AZ fan. All of their % Off deals are for like $100+. And their rewards program is crap. It only counts on purchases above $20.

I much prefer Advance Auto. Napa around me is also kinda crap with a crappy rewards system. And Pep Boys is going the way of the dodo.
Agreed on all of the above, but NAPA's chemicals and consumables (wipers, brake cleaner...essentials) are unbeatable when they do their quarterly sales. Their bi-annual filter sales are even better. I already have $1500 set aside for October, and that's probably not going to be enough.

I had a nice score from Walmart this week....three Havoline 6 quarts boxes of synthetic 0W-20 for $1.08. I thought the order would cancelled but they were delivered today.

To each his own. My oil consumption is about 12 qts. I can see keeping a 2yr supply on hand. 5 bucks for QS 0w20 is a smoking deal,so I get the urge.

Status
Not open for further replies.