The good old days.:)

I remember well going down the highway on my '65 BSA 650 Lightning flat out, chin on the gas cap.
A friend of my brother's had recently purchased a new 1966 X6 250 Suzuki Hustler and he went by me ..... looked just like the back end of that Yamaha with 2 streams of smoke in my face.
Don't think I found religion but I did get a glimpse of the future in that moment .....

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
I remember well going down the highway on my '65 BSA 650 Lightning flat out, chin on the gas cap.
A friend of my brother's had recently purchased a new 1966 X6 250 Suzuki Hustler and he went by me ..... looked just like the back end of that Yamaha with 2 streams of smoke in my face.
Don't think I found religion but I did get a glimpse of the future in that moment .....

I had a 250 Suzuki XJ Hustler (think I got that right)... last bike I ever owned. Still have dreams about finding it in a garage somewhere and firing it up. You never forget that 2 cycle sound. Never really wanted anything larger.

Last edited:
I test hopped a Suzuki 250 X6 Hustler back in 68... it took off like a horny Rino sounding like angry Bees... I'll never forget it...

Water cooled twin ... cool. Engine seems to be a downsized RZ350.

I always wanted a TDR250, they are pretty easy to upgrade to 350. But at the time we had a 250 learner limit and 250's were way over priced, and you could pick up a used 1000 cheaper than a flogged out 250. I did have a DT230 which was a better ADV 2 stroke anyway.

Back