The German Castrol works excellent in the COLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 94 Honda Accord started with no hesitation this morning at a temperature of 5 F. My car always hesitated slightly at these temepratures when I started with Mobil 1 0W-30. There is also very little valvetrain noise at startup in the cold. Hondas are known for their loud valves during cold starts.

It looks like the green stuff is living up to its hype in the cold. Maybe that -81 F pour point is legit. The forecasted low for Friday morning is 8 below zero F so we'll how the green does.

cool.gif
COOL!!!
cool.gif

rolleyes.gif
Please, last winter my car started in -10F on M1 and Amsoil and both were the same. Car sounded great. Good to here though it's working well for you.
cheers.gif

[ November 06, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Please, last winter my car started in -10F on M1 and Amsoil and both were the same. Car sounded great. Good to here though it's working well for you.

Buster, you gotta realize people choose their oil based on personal biases, we are all guilty of that. Suggesting oils to guys is touchy business, almost like picking out some dude's clothes, not gonna happen. Sure, some colours look better on him and any old tatered clothes will cover his body, but Dude's concert t-shirt, torn jeans and Valvoline will remain, no matter what the queer oil guy says. I welcome your opinions, but you are working overtime.

I was at my father in-laws house in northern michigan last winter. Car (2002 sebring) started with no problems in the cold (-15F one morning). Supertech oil (5w30) and filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back