The Future Of Oil, And The Revalance Of Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say, but clearly synthetics will be the majority of the market place. It depends on the future of engine design and technology. That will continue to drive the additive suppliers/chemists and base oil companies to respond with with better lubricants.

The trend is obviously lower viscosity and the reduction of metallic additives. Beyond that I don't know. Molekule gave you some good examples.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

More of this graphene nonsense. It's getting old bud.
And so is lack of capitalization and punctuation.
If you expect to be taken seriously please post so people can read and comprehend.

I'm intrigued molekule about lubricant free engines.

People. Glass houses. Stones.

Sooner or later, API & ILSAC standards will require at least a semi synthetic base stock to pass. I have a feeling that the upcoming GF-6B 0w16 grade will be full synthetic only. Current 0w20 grades are already semi synthetic or higher. A lot of the EU standards for long drain oils are already full synthetic only.

Well, this has been a good discussion everyone. We have some differing views among us, but no one was shot, and everyone went home in the end.
smile.gif
I'm satisfied, and I think we can all agree that the future of motor oil will be interesting to witness. Thanks for taking the time to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back