The frenchman (tax) Commeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSV

Jacques "Saddam is my bro" Chirac is pushing for an international anti-poverty tax.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
, er, ahem.

World Tax

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

[ September 19, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: GSV ]

quote:

And I'm sure the U.S. would be paying 90% of it.

Yeah ..just reading the first few lines of potential funding sources ....all the hands will be outstretched to the USA for this "tax".

Secondly just "who" is going to monitor and distribute this "fund" ..decide who is the most needy and what not???

Sounds like a new scam to me.

Taxes have eliminated so much world hunger already, why not more?

(sarca$$tick grin)

Just loving the way they plan on imposing these. Not on wine, not on cheese, not on Brazilian sugar cane. Not on Spanish mackerel or . C02 emissions and international corporations (exemption for China) and arms sales (exemption for China and France) and............well OK the international lottery sounds good! Go to it!

(Seriously I think such a tax would be unconstitutional in the USA)

Of all places for this to come from, it agrevates me that it's France. Lets see, the US gives more aide to other countries then any other country. We represent 90% of NATO militarily, saved France in WWII and took the bill in Kosovo. It's time the Europeans start taking on more responsibility IMO. Even in Iraq, we should all be sharing the burden, even the countries that opposed it militarily. I wasn't fond of this war but everyone will benefit if it's done right. Another ally in the region and more oil (Euros should be happy about this).

It's time for these leaders to put their ego's aside and look at the long term implications of what we are doing.

Does anyone have any data that shows how much foreign aide we give relative to GDP vs other nations? I'd like to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back