The Fram TG now has a nitrile ADBV?

I’ve always been a Fram fan. I’ll just throw this out there. I was looking for an EG for my garden tractor, but wasn’t a fan of how the threads looked. I went onto the TG line and found this. I put it back. Going to try the Kia/ Hyundai style WIX.

I’d argue the TG is now even more pointless than when the EG had silicone.

D87BEBAB-AE75-4A4F-9875-6D10DC2D69C1.jpeg
D39FBE87-4552-4960-9321-A9E41480D639.jpeg

On a side note, WM had Delo blend 10w30 diesel/ gas rated oil on clearance. $11 a gallon.

Last edited:
Nitrile adbvs have shown up on some TGs posted here. Likely supply chain issues. I would say it's a bigger deal on the 15k mi. rated TG than those on the orange can. Another reason to check/inspect an OF before purchase. Relatively recent production, 5/16/2022

I recently bought a TG7317 from WM and it was silicone. It’s used in a bottom mount position (Honda J35), so probably doesn’t matter.

Reactions: hrv
I recently bought a TG7317 from WM and it was silicone. It’s used in a bottom mount position (Honda J35), so probably doesn’t matter.
all of the TG 7317 that I have looked at the local WalMart were silicone too...

If one is paying a price premium (to EG) for a filter rated to 15k miles and it says it has a silicone adbv, isn't that what you want/expect. I would.

As for filter orientation, because a filter is mounted thread end up towards bottom of engine (like many Hondas) doesn't mean the adbv isn't relevant. Besides keeping oil in the filter, the adbv helps keep oil in the engine oil galleries above the filter.

As for filter orientation, because a filter is mounted thread end up towards bottom of engine (like many Hondas) doesn't mean the adbv isn't relevant. Besides keeping oil in the filter, the adbv helps keep oil in the engine oil galleries above the filter.
Good to know. To be clear, if it lacked an adbv, I would have put it back on the shelf.

Strawman, not topic Fram black adbvs. 'To this point', specifically the "Toyota Thai Denso" remains the singular outlier of black adbvs proven made of silicone. Fyi, that statement would include the China made "DENSO" First Time Fit oil filters with black adbv, proven nitrile. So only one Denso type (Toyota) black adbv is silicone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hrv
Back