The Fed hints at multiple rate hikes in 2022 to combat inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.
FED starts to take the US inflation seriously.

- FED now hints for three interest rate increases in 2022 (previously only one)
- QE will be driven down by $30 billion per month starting from January (previously by $15 billion per month)

ps. Meanwhile ECB is still stating that the inflation spike will be temporary, and will settle on its own at the Euro-zone.

FED starts to take the US inflation seriously.

- FED now hints for three interest rate increases in 2022 (previously only one)
- QE will be driven down by $30 billion per month starting from January (previously by $15 billion per month)

ps. Meanwhile ECB is still stating that the inflation spike will be temporary, and will settle on its own at the Euro-zone.

I am not surprised....will get worse...

IMO the Fed is using this opportunity to get some rate increase in so they can reduce them later. From what limited research I've done and from a handful of people I know who buy/sell goods worldwide serious supply and shipping constraints remain. Raw materials and finished goods can't get moved around the globe fast enough.

For example at the Port of Long Beach there are currently 13 vessels anchored and all but 2 have been there for more than 3 weeks.

Port of Los Angeles is doing a lot better with 7 but you can see their historical numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back