The fearlessness of small kids

I heard this story on the radio; I thought it was noteworthy because it was told to demonstrate the approach of children towards things until they are "molded" into modern expectations.

A teacher handed out crayons and paper and instructed her children to draw anything they wanted.

After a few minutes the teacher walked around the room looking at the artwork.

A young girl was furiously sketching an image; the teacher asked "What are you drawing?"

The girl replied "It is a picture of God."

The teacher responded "But no one knows what God looks like."

The girl responded "They will in a minute."

A lot of people wonder why older kids and young adults lack persistence, resilience, or creativity. I don't understand why there's any mystery about this.

Kids are born with those traits, and they don't give them up without a years-long tooth-and-nail fight. The problem is, we (adults) tend to pick that fight, and we usually win.

No worries give her a few years. She will from that form of institutionalization learn to be afraid of Everything all the time. ...Ÿ

That's what college did to me. Took away all my passion, dreams, and desires. I was all worn out straight from the beginning. Good thing I only went to a 2 year college.

Great story.

Two of my grand daughters went to Montessori school up until middle school and I think I noticed a difference in their outlook.

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
I heard this story on the radio; I thought it was noteworthy because it was told to demonstrate the approach of children towards things until they are "molded" into modern expectations.

A teacher handed out crayons and paper and instructed her children to draw anything they wanted.

After a few minutes the teacher walked around the room looking at the artwork.

A young girl was furiously sketching an image; the teacher asked "What are you drawing?"

The girl replied "It is a picture of God."

The teacher responded "But no one knows what God looks like."

The girl responded "They will in a minute."

Considering children are more directly connected to God it is no surprise. I love that story.

Back