The Fast Lane Truck: I Bought a $115000 GMC Hummer EV and It IMMEDIATELY Left Me Stranded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Buying a GM electric vehicle would be about last on my list on new vehicles to try.

Scariest part of it all- ONSTAR required the truck owner to talk to a dozen or so people, all asking what is your phone number. That is not fun to be asked the same questions when stuck in the left hand lane...... Part of the issue was user error/ decision making, but still a reason to be careful buying a GM electric vehicle.

I don't have a big issue with a new vehicle breaking down. It happens. It is the ONSTAR support that drives me crazy in this story. A new $115k vehicle, having people that can solve issues easy to reach.

I can't image paying $115,000 for a GM vehicle, let alone a GM electric vehicle.

Yea, he might have caused a little of the problem, but that's no excuse for not having some form of safe mode that actually works and lets you move the vehicle, even if it is a super short distance. Just enough to, like him, get you out of the lanes of traffic.

That and making it more difficult to open the front trunk than needed....

Wow. Too much complexity for a car of any kind. Vehicles have gone from utility appliances to full on luxury items, but have lost the original utility (and it's primary purpose).

Physical key
Physical hood release
Physical ebrake and shifter

The above used to be legally required and should still be
They showed the physical hood release. The operator didn't know where it was.

Did anyone else notice that for $115,000 they can't even attach the cable to the bracket so that when you pull the cable it doesn't get ripped out from under the dash? What a piece of junk.
release.JPG

Wow. Too much complexity for a car of any kind. Vehicles have gone from utility appliances to full on luxury items, but have lost the original utility (and it's primary purpose).
The drivetrain in an ICE vehicle contains 2,000+ moving parts typically, whereas the drivetrain in an EV contains around 20. A TESLA actualy has 17 moving parts.

Just FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back