The F-16 is in the news lately. Here is one loaded for bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
7E6A17C1-7E66-426F-A5EC-305AD261AC6D.jpeg

Maybe someone will know what the pod is on the belly, would guess it to be EW
I only see 2 Sparrow birds on it...guess it could drop those fuel tanks on something though :ROFLMAO:

I heard running with almost nothing they are just crazy maneuverable. The F-16N was so maneuverable that they apparently overstressed them. For air shows they might even have a partial fuel load But loaded down it would be pretty bad. I understand it can take off with up to 2.5x the empty weight.

Maybe someone will know what the pod is on the belly, would guess it to be EW
I only see 2 Sparrow birds on it...guess it could drop those fuel tanks on something though :ROFLMAO:
AIM-120 on the wingtips.

A Viper with all that stuff on it is a dog. Sluggish. Heavy. Difficult to turn and climb.

Makes for great photos, but…

A squadron of Spads would be beneficial. :cool:
View attachment 157565
I wonder if a few A-10s might be worth trying before they get retired? You would think that with no CAS from either side, that some front line units might not even be supplied with AA equipment now, as its not being used? I guess the AA missile counter measures on the A-10 just aren't good enough to risk it?

Last edited:
I wonder if a few A-10s might be worth trying before they get retired? You would think that with no CAS from either side, that some front line units might not even be supplied with AA equipment now, as its not being used? I guess the AA missile counter measures on the A-10 just aren't good enough to risk it?

They've made it clear that they don't want them because they're sitting ducks against an enemy with even minimal air power.

e9fp9w5rqgo81.jpg

ah i see :LOL:
-------
Number of F-16 fighter jets in NATO:

🇺🇸 USA - 889
🇹🇷 Turkey - 157
🇬🇷 Greece - 114
🇳🇴 Norway - 57
🇵🇱 Poland - 48
🇧🇪 Belgium - 44
🇩🇰 Denmark - 33
🇵🇹 Portugal - 30
🇳🇱 Netherlands - 29
🇷🇴 Romania - 14

Ukraine should receive at least 48 F-16s

Very difficult to train pilots and maintenance crews on such short timeframe.

F-16s are common across NATO. That means spare parts, mechanics, and training is available to Ukraine. Multi-role. Able to defend itself.

A-10 is a poor choice. A sitting duck. Unable to defend itself against an air to air threat. Easy prey for even the worst Russian airplanes in this conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back