The E85 madness has to stop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked poorly in the CRV and triggered a CEL in the 2007 Accord. Doing the math, around here it's not worthwhile mile to $.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Popinski
Today... Fuel was $2.80 for Regular and $2.30 for E85. Each time I go and pump gas and/or visit the gas station for some lotto tickets and/or drinks, I see a person pumping E85 in a car that is incompatible with E85!!! I've warned so many people so far and majority of them said "One tank won't hurt".

Get the word out!!!

It's none of my business what someone else puts in their tank, and I'd suspect it's not yours either.

That's how people die...

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Today... Fuel was $2.80 for Regular and $2.30 for E85. Each time I go and pump gas and/or visit the gas station for some lotto tickets and/or drinks, I see a person pumping E85 in a car that is incompatible with E85!!! I've warned so many people so far and majority of them said "One tank won't hurt".

Get the word out!!!

It's none of my business what someone else puts in their tank, and I'd suspect it's not yours either.

That's how people die...

wait a minute, putting e85 in your tank will kill you? Or are you going to kill Pop- Rivet?

I see a person pumping E85 in a car that is incompatible with E85!!!

Just curious, how did you know that their car was incompatible with E85?

popinski -- "i've warned so many people ...".one who puts his nose in other people's business will one day get his *ss bitten.i learned that when i was about 8 years old. sorry, but i have to go along with pop-rivit.as well,stupid people should pay their stupidity. it's part of natural selection.
and "that's how people die...". methinks it's time for a sedative.have a good day.

Originally Posted By: shpankey
Die from using E85??

HAHahaha

Die from sticking their nose in, I think.
39.gif

John

Originally Posted By: yeti
popinski -- "i've warned so many people ...".one who puts his nose in other people's business will one day get his *ss bitten.i learned that when i was about 8 years old. sorry, but i have to go along with pop-rivit.as well,stupid people should pay their stupidity. it's part of natural selection.
and "that's how people die...". methinks it's time for a sedative.have a good day.

Or laxative.

I sometimes add a couple gallons of E85 to bring the total to about 25% ethanol. No driveability or CEL issues, and mileage only goes down by 0.5 mpg. From a cost/mile standpoint, it's worth it.

Also, everything I've read says that any car that's designed with E10 in mind won't have any fuel system material compatibility issues with higher ratios. It's just the ECU and injectors that can't compensate.

Originally Posted By: shpankey
Die from using E85??

HAHahaha

No, the idea of ignoring people's mistakes.

Originally Posted By: yeti

Oh, I forgot that Canadians are perfect and never make mistakes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NateDN10
...everything I've read says that any car that's designed with E10 in mind won't have any fuel system material compatibility issues with higher ratios.

I've often wondered about that. If modern fuel systems are supposed to have no corrosion issues with a 10% blend of ethanol, why would an 85% blend cause corrosion in those same systems?

popinski -- you are the one that wrote in. (the e85 madness has to stop!!!) and (get the word out!!!)4 other posters replied, laughing at your post. you over reacted to a trivial situation, and you expect bitog members to not respond in a funny manner? irrational people who try to save people from themselves are considered a joke by rational people. take a pill, man, and mellow out. have a good night

Originally Posted By: Samilcar
Originally Posted By: NateDN10
...everything I've read says that any car that's designed with E10 in mind won't have any fuel system material compatibility issues with higher ratios.

I've often wondered about that. If modern fuel systems are supposed to have no corrosion issues with a 10% blend of ethanol, why would an 85% blend cause corrosion in those same systems?

I remember reading some where that the silverado that is set up for e85 has a stainless steel fuel rail while the regular one doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back