The Drive: Tesla's $16000 Quote for a $700 Fix Is Why Right to Repair Matters

Tesla is like a giant rent-an-EV company, sort of like a designer Enterprise Rent-A-Car on steroids! Pay out the wazoo to lease, er, RENT, one of their overpriced electric cars, then it's worthless at lease end-unless you break it while leasing it. I would rather set $100K on fire & watch it burn!

Tesla is like a giant rent-an-EV company, sort of like a designer Enterprise Rent-A-Car on steroids! Pay out the wazoo to lease, er, RENT, one of their overpriced electric cars, then it's worthless at lease end-unless you break it while leasing it. I would rather set $100K on fire & watch it burn!
Everything in the world is designed to barely last and cheap, not just Tesla or EV.

If you want something last into infinity, assuming you set aside wear item (i.e. battery), get a 2nd gen Prius. That's as close to lowest cost of ownership as you can get in 20 years. Tesla builds expensive cars for expensive taste, it is not a Toyota or a Lexus which is why I likely won't buy one, it is also why they can get away with such expensive repairable issues.

Back