The Drive: Look What Happens to a Low-Mile Ford Diesel With Tons of Idle Time and No Maintenance

27K with - but how many hours - without an oil change - yeah - that's what will happen on almost any consumer diesel engine.

They claim that maintenance had been lacking on the engine, but after watching the video, I find their claim to be hard to believe.

I mean the engine had been running the cheapest possible oil filter that can be found at Autozone, so clearly the owners were sparing no expense for maintenance on that engine!

😔

That is a big problem with people in general. They ignore the hour meter. That type of service the odometer should be ignored and just watch the hour meter. Ford even tried to make it idiot proof but the idiots won. They put an hour meter in with each trip odometer. Not sure what else they can do.

This truck was a yard switcher. Meaning it was used to move trailers around 24/7 by different people.
If no one is in charge of vehicle maintence it will never have the oil changed. This truck has a hour meter but unless you know how to pull it up you won’t know how long the engine has been running.
I am a fleet manager now (driver for 30 yrs) and unless I keep track of the miles the oil would never get changed on my fleet.

This truck was a yard switcher. Meaning it was used to move trailers around 24/7 by different people.
If no one is in charge of vehicle maintence it will never have the oil changed. This truck has a hour meter but unless you know how to pull it up you won’t know how long the engine has been running.
I am a fleet manager now (driver for 30 yrs) and unless I keep track of the miles the oil would never get changed on my fleet.

the hour meter on the fords is right in the trip odometer now

Back