The cleanest engine inside I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wgtoys
... With eagle eyes you can identify the lightly used parts on junked cars. This engine might be one such.

My dad has a part time job each weekend visiting our local scrap heap for spare parts for his van. He has been driving his $100 minivan for about 5 years on recycled parts from scrap-yards!

Good parts to be had cheap!
thumbsup2.gif

He just got a set of 4 almost new Michellin tires for the Ford Windstar for $75!!!!
shocked2.gif

That engine was proudly owned by ONE OF US!! Had to be. This is what we do, baby them raise the on some kick ..ss seen-teh-teek only to have others marvel at such finds later.
Jrc2905 now you know the reason for this board and our dedication. some day when my engine grows up I will part with it too and hope that good man who appraciates oil will take her home.
On the serious note this engine is just beyond clean with 160,000mi this is the cleanest engine I have seen. Even the chain and sprocketts unreal, congrats on your find

I would be the thing over heated once and caused a blown head-gasket. While the had the head off they pressure tested the head and cleaned it all up. This can be done properly without leaving marks on the bolt heads.

I will call the salvage yard tomorrow and see if this engine has been removed and is ready for pick up. When I get it home I will put it on my engine stand, remove the oil pan and take some pics to post here. I hope the bottom end s as good as the top. I cannot believe how much I have learned in the last few days. All of my cars will be going synthetic soon.

Originally Posted By: tiberious
I would be the thing over heated once and caused a blown head-gasket. While the had the head off they pressure tested the head and cleaned it all up. This can be done properly without leaving marks on the bolt heads.

I'm thinking along those lines. After having another look at that engine I don't even see any real varnish issues either. It could be the head was off the engine and tanked recently. I don't have a great monitor so I really can't tell of the head was removed or not. For that kind of mileage I would think there would have been a little more varnish, unless the engine was used in the most perfect conditions? Seems odd, I think it was apart recently.

No this engine was never apart. I have worked on this type of motor before and if the head had been taken off the timing chain cover bolts and nuts would have clear marking on them. I wiped them down and they were untouched. Also no one I know of installs new cams, timing chains and sprockets when doing a head job on this kind of car. When I get the motor home I will post some pics of the bottom end. If you could see the amount of grim on the head you would agree.

Last edited:
This engine is now in the back of my van. I am leaving on a trip to the mid-west. When I get back I will pull the oil pan and take some pics and post them here.

Originally Posted By: jrc2905
This engine is now in the back of my van. I am leaving on a trip to the mid-west. When I get back I will pull the oil pan and take some pics and post them here.
20.gif

Safe trip bud!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back